+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Customers with attitude!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bill_in_PDX
    With the various businesses I have been involved with in my professional life I have learned one true rule: The customer is NOT always right. In fact, sometimes the customer costs you more than you are getting in return.

That is so true! I used to work for a mortgage company, & it always seems like the customers that you worked the hardest for (waiving fees, deviating on rate, etc.,we weren't making any money on the loan ) were always the biggest pains in the butt, didn't appreciate it, & then bad-mouthed you besides.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Oh man, I can so realte. I managed a video store for a number of years... Just imagine all day, EVERY day, telling people that they owe you money for overdue tapes! They tend to yell, sometimes *quite* loudly. When I first started as a cashier, it wasn't so bad, I could always pass it off to the manager. But after my promotion?? Yikes! Luckily, the good customers outnumbered the bad ones, and that was the only thing that kept me out of committing myself to an institution (which I had threatened many times...LOL). Funny thing is, 3 years later, I'm working in a medical practice now as a receptionist. Well, we get a new patient, and it turns out she was a former customer--- a total "Bad penny" that keeps turning up. We had a problem verifying insurance, and she suddenly goes "I remember *you....*". It all got worked out, but you can bet your ass I drank THAT day after work! I need a job that requires staying home allllllllll day.

Quote Originally Posted by KatieKat
    I need a job that requires staying home allllllllll day.
    I told my husband the other day that I'd love to have a job where I never have to talk to people. He said "wouldn't we all!"

Holly--- I'm sure that you have every idea how perfect that sounds! LOL.... To me, it sounds like Utopia!

Doesn't it though!

Oh yeah!~

So last friday, was my first day working at Starbucks (believe me, I don't think I'll be working there long ). I was processing an order by this what...30'ish business lady. Anyhow, I was the guy in charge of making the drink, and I do a pretty good job at doing so , I walk over to the lady and put it on the counter, asking for her receipt (procedure). For some reason she put the receipt back into her wallet (anybody who goes to Starbucks here knows you HAVE to have your receipt) anyhow, so she goes back into her purse, takes the longest time ever, as if I had nothing better to do, then wait for her to show me her receipt :rolleyes (I had other orders to process, besides her's you know). Anyhow, she FINALLY finds her 'wallet' :rolleyes and "accidently" knocks down her drink, which opens up, and succeeds at making a huge mess. :rolleyes I mean I knew it was an accident, but when you do that, you (the customer) automatically go "Oh gosh, sorry I'm so sorry" or SOMETHING to that extent. But now, she gives me the most b**chiest look ever, and says (exact words) "why don't you get your mop boy" Man.... MAN!! Good thing for self-control, I would have lashed out at her so bad. I gave her a funny look, went back, cleaned up HER mess (which she still hadn't apologized for) and proceed to do her order all-over-again. I hand it over, grabbing the receipt still smiling (shockingly) and what does that lady say "finally!" and walks off. Man, that just killed that day by that lady.

Inconsidered, ignorant, arrogant *bleeep*

end rant

Lean mean speedin machine AR Boy's Avatar
    Aww damnit
    In HK, there'll be loads of people sitting down with their coffees... if you go to your seat and lay back first and get your coffee like 5 minutes later they'll recognise you and give you the stuff- and it wasn't someone else's order haha

I always show my recipts... normally before i can even get it out they're all like "It's alright I remember you!". Cool.

I've come to complain about the other side today. My husband and I went to a furniture store looking for coffee tables. We found one we really liked but it came with two end tables. The guy we were working with went to check if we could just order the coffee table and the boss came back with him talking to us as if we were stupid or children. He was so rude about it. He said "Those come from China and are shipped together they can't be shipped separately". I was so shocked and mad at the way he said it to us. My husband immediately apologized to the salesperson that was working with us for him having to get that response from his boss. I told the salesperson it was a good thing we were working with him and not the boss cause we would never come back to that store again. All we needed was a simple "no" with an explanation without the attitude.

Also, I am a secretary so I do have to deal with some irate people...especially when my boss doesn't want to speak to them and I have to lie. They ask me things like, "Does he return his messages?" or "Does he ever come in?" I just tell them, "All I can do is give him his messages, I don't know what he does with them after that."
    Debbie

OOOOOOOK.. I have BILLIONS of horror stories, but I'll give you just 1.

I was working at a restaurant, it was near close (we closed at 11, I think it was about 10:45) and I was the last server on. It was just me, a manager and a hostess left, and the hostess was just about to go off shift when a few tables walked in. So she sat them, and being the only server on, I got slammed with 5 tables at the same time. C'est la vie, I don't really care. I just walked into the kitchen and told the boys that we just had 5 tables walk in, and that I'd let them know when my last order was in. I still had a full section of 7 running at this point too.

Anyway, I go around to all of my tables and first round them, tell them our specials, and tell them I'll be back in a few minutes with their drinks, but that someone (the hostess) would be by with water for them in a minute. I get to my last table, a table of 4 guys that look about 18-20.. I wasn't sure. I say hello and the first thing that I hear them say is "We don't want you." I was rather offended as I had done nothing to these people at this point. I said, "Well, I'm really sorry, but I'm the only server here." They then say "No, we want her to serve us." pointing at the hostess. I politely say "I'm sorry, but like I said, I'm the only server on, she is the hostess. Can I get you a beverage?" They say "Fine, whatever." and proceed to order their drinks. I ask to see their ID as they had ordered alcohol (drinking age in British Columbia is 19). Two of them had their ID, the other two "didn't" so I brought the 2 guys their booze and the other 2 pop which they ordered after not being able to find their ID. I make my rounds, dropping off drinks, taking appy orders and finally taking food orders from all of these tables, except the 'guys' because they couldn't make up their mind. It's now about 11:15, the kitchen closes at 11, but the kitchen boys understood the situation and were being very nice about it. I go to my table and let the guys know that the kitchen was closing in a minute and that I really needed to take their food order. Only the 2 of them who weren't drinking alcohol order food. 2 well done New York Strips.. The kitchen boys are gonna love that. I make my rounds again, and see that the guys have finished their drinks. I ask if they'd like another round, they say yes, and also say that they'd like the bill for their drinks. I said "No problem, I'll bring it with the round." (I was of course assuming that the 2 who were drinking would be leaving, and the two who were eating would be staying. Mmmhmm.. yes that's right, I have noooo idea what these guys are up to.. :rolleyes) I bring them their drinks and the bill for their drinks, and say thank you. They down their drinks really fast, throw money in the billfold and stand up, flag me down (as I'm talking with another one of my tables). I come over, get them their change, thank them again, and walk away.

As I'm walking away, all 4 of them get up and head toward the door. So I turn around and say "Oh, I'm sorry guys, but your food will be up in a second." and they turn around and say "We don't want it. It's taking too long." I said "Well, I'm sorry about that, but a 12 oz New York Steak takes a little bit of time to get to well done. It will be ready in a minute." They say "We don't want to wait." I said "If you'd like I can put it in a to-go box." and they say "No. We're not waiting." So I then said "Well, that's your decision, but I do need you to settle up with me for the food." And they say "We're not paying for it. We didn't get it." I said "Well, you ordered it, and you have decided not to wait for it. That's not my fault. Like I said, it will be ready in a minute, if you'd like to wait for it and eat it here, or take it with you. Otherwise, that's all I can do, but I do need you to pay for it." They then start walking away from me again, so I follow. I get right up next to them and being the good waiter that I am (and I was totally expecting that this was what they were going to do when they asked for the bill for their drinks.), I always have my bills printed ahead of time, so I say, "Guys, I have your bill right here. I need you to pay for it before you leave." They turn around and say "We didn't come here for this." and I said "For what? I've given you good service, I don't see the problem here." They say "We didn't expect to be served by a faggot." By this point, I'm now following them down the restaurants patio, past my other tables, and a table full of my off work co-workers. The manager is also coming down the patio, because she heard the conversation, which up until that point had been at least civil. The minute the guy said that, my face went red, and I said "I'm going to ignore that comment. I am still expecting you to pay. If you don't, I will call the cops. Dining and Dashing is illegal." (I don't actually know if it is. I don't think it is a prosecutable offense.) They then get right in my face and start calling me a whole lot of names, just as the manager gets there. The manager's father is gay, and the majority of the people who work and live in the area where this restaurant is situated are gay, so he was making a pretty bold comment there. She says "Look boys. You need to pay right now." and they start going off on her calling her a stupid bitch and blah blah blah. Anyway, at this point, I've basically backed away, but these guys are now standing right next to a table of restaurant staff, who have been drinking for about 2 hours at this point. One of the guys has a REALLY big mouth, and one of the girls was a complete moron. They get up and start in on these guys.. and the guys are screaming obscenities at everyone.. the manager is at this point not wanting a riot on the patio so she says "Just get out, and don't ever come back" and I'm standing there telling the drunk staff to sit the F down, and shut up and let them leave. Anyway, the guys go down to where the valet are at, and start yelling at the valet guys about how they were tricked and how there were so many faggots and blah blah blah.. The valet give them their keys, but if I remember correctly, they wrote down their license plate number and called the cops on them.

I had a friend, who was customer from hell, he used to demand this, demand that, like every one serving him was his personal servant, when finally, we were at a movie, and at the popcorn stand, he insists that the popcorn girl layer his popcorn in two inch levels alternating popcorn with butter etc, when I just lost it with him, and told him how disgusting his behavior was. Big emotional scene later, tears, etc, but I held my ground. He hasn't spoken to me since, but I'm sure he's still terrorizing waiters and star bucks personnel everywhere.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast