+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Customers with attitude!!

I'm an Escrow Assistant for a title company (homes, not autos) & whenever the Escrow Officers are not available (in closings or at lunch, etc), I get all of their phone calls, which is totally unfair because I'm NOT the only assistant. So that in & of itself already irritates me, but then, if I can't answer someone's question, too many times I get a really sarcastic "well, you ARE so & so's assistant, AREN'T YOU?" & they try to make me feel dumb for not knowing the answer to their question. I usually respond with "yes, I'm so & so's ASSISTANT, so I don't always know everything about a particular file." I want so badly to add to it "If I did know it all, I'd be the Escrow Officer making the big bucks & not the lowly Escrow Assistant!" Especially when it's a snotty realtor (which often times it is). I want to ask them "Does YOUR assistant know everything about YOUR job?" I doubt it! So annoying!
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeppella
    I'm sorry . . .customer with attitude right here .

Details!!!! You can't just throw that out there & not elaborate!!!

Holly, some people just don't know how to appreciate good service. They probably want to you answer their questions before they are asked!

Quote Originally Posted by eldee
    Holly, some people just don't know how to appreciate good service. They probably want to you answer their questions before they are asked!

Sometimes when I get the snotty reply to not knowing the answer, I want to ask "would you rather I just make something up?" I mean, really! I think they'd rather have me be honest & say "I don't know" rather than lie & say I do! Rude people!

A couple of weeks ago, one of our Escrow Officers actually had to hang up on a broker because the guy was cussing him out. He asked him nicely to not speak to him that way, & the guy kept on, so he told him "I'm hanging up now" & did just that! It blows my mind how unprofessional some people are! You just do NOT use that kind of language profesionally! I don't know why some people think that verbal abuse is in our job description. Unbelievable.
    Last edited by holly71; 01-06-2004 at 01:52 PM.

Holly, I say let's have cement booties ready by Christmas for those special customers.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeppella
    I'm sorry . . .customer with attitude right here .

Well as long as you don`t have platinum blond hair with a huge chest, you`re alright by me, so far..........................j ust don`t push it, I know what to say now!!

Ah, I have some stories about rude ass bitches. There was this one though... oh man.

I work at Tim Horton's, for those of you in the states it's a coffee/donut chain, there's sandwiches and stuff too. Anyway.

I was on drive thru with Suzy and Angie, and this woman came to the speaker and wanted to buy a can of coffee. We were sold out of all cans except decaf and the 1.1 cans. Her response was "What the F, i was just Fn downtown, you think they could have Fn told me you were out of Fn coffee, what the F kind of place is this" blah blah. We were all sort of looking at each other, and Angie, who is the nicest girl who never gets mad at a customer started typing in the coffees she got, and she yells "HELLO" at us in her rude ass voice. So Angie yells right back, "YEAH JUST A MINUTE", and everyone just looked at Angie, andshe was like, "Oh... was that rude?" and we were like, no that's perfect.

Anyway that woman was a biotch but we didn't spit in her coffee. A word of advice is don't be rude to people making your food.

I don't know why people feel the need to be so hateful! All I can hope is what goes around comes around to bite them in the ass!

One time I was invited to dinner by this guy I worked with, who seemed pretty nice. Anyway, we sat at the table and a very nice male server came out to take our order....well my date insisted quite loudly that he wanted a female to wait on us! The poor waiter looked confused, and I wanted to crawl under the table. I had never heard anything so idiotic in my life! Needless to say we never went out again...and I did catch the waiter on the way out and apologized for my date's stupidity.

With the various businesses I have been involved with in my professional life I have learned one true rule: The customer is NOT always right. In fact, sometimes the customer costs you more than you are getting in return.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast