+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Customers with attitude!!

Quote Originally Posted by Terena79
    Hotel guests can be totally horrible.

Hotel front desk clerks are blamed by guests for everything.

Sorry for venting!! Tough morning.

You've come to the right place to vent, my dear. We established on another thread a while back that there are a lot of former and current front desk clerks (including me) who post on here. So you have a lot of sympathetic ears Hopefully your day will get better.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

I was actually in the business center, but I know all about the crazy front desk stuff because that's where my husband was working (we only had one car at the time, so a joint place of work seemed like a good idea.) He had some crazy stuff to deal with. Once the Drifters (they sang "Under the Boardwalk") were there performing for a convention, and one of them had lost his black shoes. The concierge tried several options, but due to lack of time, the guy ended up borrowing my husband's shoes (which we never got back, of course). Hotels are a very strange environment.
    "Look, you love me, and I love you. Maybe in a different time, a different place, this would work out. But we both know that only one of us is leaving this room alive, and I'm the one holding the flame thrower." - Film Fakers

Quote Originally Posted by Jillibean
    ..... Does it help that even shocked; I waved and smiled at the submissive weak man, and ignored the bimbo.(I`m not just being mean, she really looked like a BIMBO!!) But I acted as if nothing adverse happened.
    Maybe if you gave her a makeover, she would be a happier person.

Spiderman 2 - June 30 audiomaster's Avatar
    You get to see all kind of customers, Jillibean. At least you have some regulars and nicer customers to balance off those bad ones.

Quote Originally Posted by eldee
    Maybe if you gave her a makeover, she would be a happier person.

LOL, That was funny eldee....

But the only kind of makeover i could see giving her would be to swell out her lips, so it would impede her snipy snippy, rude words......Plus, there isn`t anything I could do to fix her looks either. I`m not THAT GOOD!!!??

Quote Originally Posted by AMaZIN`RaCeGuY
    You get to see all kind of customers, Jillibean. At least you have some regulars and nicer customers to balance off those bad ones.

It`s so true ARGuy. There are many many more neat clients that definately outweigh the funny & not so nice customers. Same goes with tips. From every woman who doesn`t tip, or only tips a dollar. there are far many more men and young boys, who tip very well. Mostly $5.00. So the good tippers...(Men) outweigh the bad tippers. (generally women)
    I`ve always done a lot better in my dealings with men than women. i don`t know why????...............

About the rude customers. Primarily the platinum blond........

I had a meeting with my supervisor on employee rights, and she was amazed I handled the situation as I did. She said she might not have acted so-o well. I told her it was shock mostly.

She informed me no-one is allowed to "get in our face" or in our zone around us. They need to stay back if they want to inform or to check it out. Mainly tho they are to tell what they want (For their child) then to stay in the seating area... An adult can tell what they want themselves....... :phhht :rolleyes

And under no circumstances are clients supposed to: hit, touch, or verbally threaten when you`re doing your required job. She gave me Professional words to say under such circumstances....

Even tho I`ve only experienced a few so far. I feel better to know I do have rights and I`ll be able to express those rights and have some sort of safety in my job..

I thought you handled that quite well Jillibean. Its not worth getting stress out over people like that.

I used to work as a customer service/loan officer in a payroll loan company. We gave out loans using a car or job as collateral. When they default, we either garnish their payroll or repossessed their car. And you would not believe how pissed off people are when our company takes their car.

I had so many customers screamed and swear at me at the tops of their lungs. Some threatened me personally, but we were prohibited from talking back and getting personal with them. We even had an employee who was physically attack by a customer outside the office. One customer lost it and become violent right in our office, she ripped the OPEN sign and threw to the counter and the Police had to be called. Its a good thing we were protected by bullet proof glass.

I am glad I don't work there anymore.
    "Many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices"

... William James

Well, when I see these customers yelling at me I just tend to treat them as some 'un-educated' rude people so I don't really care what they say to me. You shouldn't take these people too seriously too I mean there are so much more stuff to do than caring about butter making you fat

I'm sorry . . .customer with attitude right here .

I'M SO SORRY . . . .

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast