+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Help with that new year's resolution: Are you part of our Chub Club yet?

Help with that new year's resolution: Are you part of our Chub Club yet?

For those of you who don't know, and haven't seen some of the sporadic reminders here, the FORT has a "Chub Club". It's a forum which is available to anyone who wants to be a part of the group.

The group's goal is to help support you in your worthwhile cause to shed those extra pounds.

If you would like a support group for your weight loss who also are fans of reality TV, just PM me, and I'll give you access to the forum. Just click that "pm" button under any of my posts, and say "I want in the Chub Club!".

Come on...you know you want to!

I kinda have a problem with the "CHUB" part of the name.

Uh, my science fair topic IS dieting/weight loss and weight maintenance, so I might be able to help.

Quote Originally Posted by Jillibean
    I kinda have a problem with the "CHUB" part of the name.

THat's what I thought. My self-esteem can't take the blow.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Well, if it makes you feel any better, we have a group of people there ranging from those who want to lose 5 pounds to, uh, sky's the limit. And everything in between.

Some people focus better with a support group, even if it's on the computer. That's what the group's there for.

It's private, and everyone there is there to lose weight, so it's a little more conducive to openness.

But, we only want people to join if they want to. We advertise the existence of the group every couple of months, to get some "new blood" in there.

I dunno, one of my resolutions this year is to be a little more active, i.e. exercise when I say I will, not so much as to lose weight. I seem to have mastered the skill of long-term weight maintenance already. It's mostly just my fairly "un-active" lifestyle I'm worried about. Of course, it's mostly because of the weather and that I'm still on break that I haven't been as active as I usually am.

Is this group just for weight loss, or can it be for exercise as well?

Quote Originally Posted by haejin11377
    I dunno, one of my resolutions this year is to be a little more active, i.e. exercise when I say I will, not so much as to lose weight. I seem to have mastered the skill of long-term weight maintenance already. It's mostly just my fairly "un-active" lifestyle I'm worried about. Of course, it's mostly because of the weather and that I'm still on break that I haven't been as active as I usually am.

Is this group just for weight loss, or can it be for exercise as well?

I definitely need to be motivated to exercise more.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Quote Originally Posted by John
    Well, if it makes you feel any better, we have a group of people there ranging from those who want to lose 5 pounds to, uh, sky's the limit. And everything in between.

Some people focus better with a support group, even if it's on the computer. That's what the group's there for.

It's private, and everyone there is there to lose weight, so it's a little more conducive to openness.

But, we only want people to join if they want to. We advertise the existence of the group every couple of months, to get some "new blood" in there.

You`re right John. I`m not coming here to go and change the name.....

Although, I`ll feel weird telling my family "I`m off to the chub club." but i`ll do it~~~ just for you. After the holidays i could definately lose a couple pounds. Butts chubby for sure............see? I said it. Every night before i go to bed i`m gonna say chub about three times, till I get used to it....Then i`ll join!

Quote Originally Posted by John
    I am one of those "sky" people.

I really like it...it helps to have people in the same boat, just trying to lose a few pounds.

It can work for exercise, too.

Anyone who wants to, join! The more the merrier!
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast