+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Directv or Dish Network??

Well, I have never lost service on Directv, even in storms. I have been happy with Directv. But, having to have the local channels, I called Dish last night and set it all up and I will be switching to Dish. Only problem, they can't hook it up until Jan 25th!!! High Demand, yada yada yada!! Isn't that after Survivor starts????

FORT Fogey
    no, Survivor starts on Feb. 1, so don't worry! Everything will be fine

Thank Goodness!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BravoFan
    That's odd! I have DirecTV and didn't lose cable until well into Hurricane Isabel! And it was back before it was over while our cable was completely out!
    Yeah I don't know what it was, the sky is completely clear where the dish was pointing. But any little bit of rain and the picture would go out. We only got it because they didn't have cable in our new house yet but once the cable got out here and our year agreement was up with Directv we switched.

I steal cable and satelite signals So i basically watch everything for free and can't complain
    ~Loca~

I have dish network and my only complaint is that every time we get a huge storm or sometimes even a little one our dish goes out for an extremely long time... but I guess that'll happen!
    Missin Dave

I just realized that I can't get dish network hooked up until Jan 25th, and I will miss "The Apprentice"!! I was so worried about Survivor, and now this! I can't pick up NBC at all with the antenna. Total bummer.

FORT Fogey
    Don't worry Susie, you'll still be able to read the recaps, and lets face it, FORT recaps are always better than the show!

Quote Originally Posted by dfleming2
    Don't worry Susie, you'll still be able to read the recaps, and lets face it, FORT recaps are always better than the show!
    I do agree dfleming2!! Maybe I will get as lucky as Jillibean (she should be the ultimate survivor) and somehow my antenna will pick it up that night. Jillibean, can I borrow some of your angels??

OK, I got all switched over to Dish Network, and my TIVO won't work because it is Directv receiver TIVO.

The DVR that Dish Network has, SUCKS. You can only record what you are watching, and they have no clue what a season pass is. The installer looked at me as if I was crazy.

I of course got right online and ordered a new tivo which should be here tomorrow. But, for a week now I haven't been able to record my shows.

Once I get the TIVO lined out I will be a happy camper. Dish Network has been great. Local channels come in good and clear. The can just keep their DVR. It sucks.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast