+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How Young is too young ....

MIA, RIP, or Busy...
    I thought I was in love and had met "the one" too when I was 14. He was 17. Needless to say, a year or so went by and suddenly, he began to be somewhat of a different person once he was "out of school" and I was still in school. By the time I was 16 and he was 19-we were done. We met again when I was 17 and in college and he was 20 with no job and still living off of mom and dad and I looked back on my feelings and was slightly amused that I had fallen for such a guy (he had absolutely no ambition whatsoever). The one regret? I lost my virginity to this loser because I was "in love with him" and he pressured me so much since he was "older" and I thought I had to do it to keep up with his maturity. Sadly enough, the timeline above tells the tale...I waited until I was 16 to do the deed and then we broke it off shortly thereafter. There are so many hormones at this age and pressure. I know it might be hard, but take your time. If it's meant to be, the love will outlast the two of you coming into new paths in your lives (i.e, if he is 18, he will be out of school soon?) See what happens. If he is pressuring you to do anything, take this as a red flag to keep your head together.

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Here are a few things to think about. I'm not going to try to sway you either way, I'd just like to suggest some things you might not be aware of.
    I doubt this is about getting married and being in love, honestly. I'm pretty sure you are growing into the phase where you want/need to assert your independence. Adolescence is about changing the relationship with your parents and breaking away from that life. Have you talked about married life with your boyfriend? Do you realize you won't be able to do anything to prove your independence and responsibility (such as grocery shopping) because you're not even old enough to drive. Will you have enough money to pay rent, utilities, buy food and all the other simplest of things you need to buy to get along. And this is if you DON'T have a baby. Throw a baby into that mix and it's instantly overwhelming. Can you see yourself five years down the line? How about one year? You'll be almost 16 and your husband almost 19. Will you have an apartment? Food? A car - because you'll almost be ready to drive. In a year.

If you were meant to be together, you will be. If he truly is your soulmate, he'll be there.

I have to say I agree with everyone else here and I think you should wait. By not getting married, what's the worst thing that could possibly happen? If he's the one, he'll be by your side no matter how long it takes, and then you'll know that it's right. I must commend you for seeking counsel of others for your decision. Not many freshmen show that maturity. Always remeber, advice is free and you only have to use what you want. Best of luck to you.

I think if your posting on here and asking people about it your not too sure yourself or ready either. In the end this is your decision to make and if you have to ask other people you don't know to make up your mind completly, then your not ready to be married.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123