+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Maybe you had to be there...

dvm
    Get off the hate train.
    Aliasmq and I are close friends offline. We do this thing where we say "WTF" with are hands in the air and stamp our right foot in synch. Actually, it's quite stupid unless you are he or I

heee heeee

Now I grew up with 2 brothers and 1 sister and we are very close. Always have been. Yet I still can't think of a thing to add to this thread.

I have one from a friends family though

When ever it was time to eat they would say "squeet" wich was short for "Lets Go Eat". I find myself saying that sometimes.

Hmmm, that's not very good is it
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

This is funny! Thanks to whoever bumped it back up into existence.

Here's my contribution: Once while kinda drunk and grocery shopping with a friend, I saw her writing out a check for $41.... and I see her spelling it out all nice in cursive....F....O....U...R.... T...Y

Well, I had to tell her there is no U in forty. From then on out, I became the English Major, and by default, she is the Math Major. Ten years later she will still call me up and ask how to spell forty.
    I'll do graffiti if you sing to me in French

Quote Originally Posted by Aptly_Named
    Whenever someone talks with food in their mouth, we call it speaking "fatugese". I'm not sure where that one came from.
    My mother always used to tell us, when we were being whiny, that we were speaking "whinese." Actually, she still does.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

When my hubby and I were just dating, but my mom did not know how serious we were, she called to ask if I was comming to Sunday lunch. I said, "I am not sure what we are doing that day." She said, "WE WHO?" My hubby(then boyfriend) was right beside me and heard her and started saying "WEE WHOO" over and over again at different volumes and inflections while I answered her. The she said, "What are you two connected at the hip?" Well, she had no idea how true that was. We got married later that year and anytime he can hear her talking to me over the phone he says, Wee Whooo. It is also used when either of us say we and it is unclear who "we" is. We always laugh over weewhooo
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

Oh my god, you guys are cracking me up. I feel like running around the office blurting out WeeWhoooo!

When I was a kid my dad did most of the fancy cooking and my mom did most of the day to day cooking. She had some pretty good recipes, and generally was a fairly good cook. Occasionally a dish would really flop though. One night she made something and my dad couldn't stand it. When he told my mom how bad it was he could see that it kind of hurt her feelings so at the end he threw in "it's good though". We all kind of chuckled. From then on we used that line every time something tasted bad. We'd be in a restaurant or some place and you'd hear one of us say, "Oh man, this is disgusting. I wouldn't feed this to the dog...It's good though." And then we'd all laugh. What a goofy family.
    Iím haunted a little this evening by feelings that have no vocabulary and events that should be explained in dimensions of lint rather than words.
    -Richard Brautigan

Along those lines Zhora, we droe to Austin, TX last year as we do every year. In one of the little towns (San Angelo, maybe?) we noticed a diner named "Better Than Nuthin"! The rest of the trip (and ever since) we periodically say that food, presents, movies, etc., are all "better than nuthin". We also have variations like "you know that jelly that Vienna sausages are packed in?...It's better than that!" or "you know when you rub your eyelids with sandpaper?...it's better than that!" The whole gag is similar to the old SNL skit with Billy Crystal and Christopher Guest. We can go on for hours. Ah, sophmoric humor...it's better than nuthin!

My two best friends and I do "the drive". I don't remember how it started, but way in the past, when we all were active doing Karate, we one day decided to drive past the house of our teacher. So we are in some odd mood, and drive slowly by, lowering ourselves in seats and giggling. Out of character to us, but it was fun, we still do it, even though this guy hasnt lived in that house for over 10 years After that we go to some drive in fast food place (rule is no McDonalds) we haven't tried out yet, and then we go to eat it at the local (our hometown) newspaper parking lot.

Another tradition I have with these same two girlfriends is our "Annikki swim". Tht is we had a finnish teacher in high school whose name was Annikki. She was very prim and proper and nose up still in her 50's (or 60's not sure..). There was this story about her going swimming in the summer in her youth in her graduation hat, but before that she ordered everyone else out of the water. So, we get our graduation hats, long stemmed red roses, and head to beach. We choose some deserted hour, because the beach has to be empty, of course. Then, we put hats on, rose between our teeth, and each of us takes a turn swimming (alone) a circle of breaststroke.

It's quite the hassle nowadys to arrange these thing because we each have two sons we need to have babysitters for, and we are rarely at the same time in town. But ah, it's so much fun
    Last edited by Tirlittan; 01-13-2004 at 12:26 PM.
    ps. This is just my opinion in the matter.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234