+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Maybe you had to be there...

Mu best friend is MU (Master of the Universe) and I am UGA (Ultimate Goddess of All)

forgot where that came from, but when we get in a silly mood, it comes into play. And when we sometimes call each other MU or UGA in mixed company, we like the confused looks.

In taking a child development course in highschool, we were discussing our births. My friend was an 'easy' birth, and i was difficult. thus our nicknames became "easy" and "difficult". that one was a lot of fun to yell in the halls

FORT Fogey
    I know this amazing looking guy, but he is really shy and so when ever he would go out in college to a club or something he would wear a cap or cowboy hat pulled waaaay down low. He is so handsome that girls would sort of try to look up under his hat to see his face and he would do this sort of click click ( like the sound you make to get a horse going w/the side of your mouth and cheek) then he would wink at them and say " caught ya peekin" so now when ever girlfriends and I catch eachother looking at a guy or just anything we will do the sound and say caught ya peekin...

Whenever anybody ask me "How's it going" my response is "Every day's a holiday and evey meal's a banquet." I picked this up from a guy I used to work with. I've been told it is from a movie, but I don't remember which one. Doing a google search it turned up as an obscure country song written by Sonny Christopher.
    http://www.usoftrecords.com/song_catalog.html

ETA Just found it at http://www.imdb.com/

Aliens (1986)

Apone: All right, people, what are you waiting for? Breakfast in bed? Another glorious day in the corps! A day in the Marine Corps is like a day on the farm. Every meal's a banquet! Every paycheck a fortune! Every formation a parade! I LOVE the corps!
    Last edited by Unklescott; 12-26-2003 at 10:19 PM.

I don't know how I missed this thread the first time around, but it is cracking me up.

I can't think of anything to add right now, but hopefully I will soon.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Very Proud Grandpa! LoneStarSpur's Avatar
    Funny thread.

We (the family) used to watch Star Trek the Next Gen a lot back when it was on and popular.

The kids would always ask me which episode this one was and I'd always say "This is the one where the spaceship crashes on the planet and they all die."

Damned if that didn't happen one episode. I finally looked like a genius to my kids.

'Course they're all growed up now, so I don't get to use the line as much. But I still drop it occasionally to remind them what a goof dear, old dad is.

-Randy
    'And it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive.'
    ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

DOMESTIC GODDESS realitycrazmom's Avatar
    I have a highly annoying sister-in-law who is the only girl (and baby) in the family. We were all going out for her new baby's christening and she called us up and gave us food assignments! (She lives in AZ and the rest of us are in CA--her husband's family all live locally in AZ.) It was to be a soup & salad dinner and she told me to bring soup for 30 people! I tried to point out that hauling soup in the back of a trunk over state lines is not easy and if it is the main course, I'd have to do more than one kind. Nonetheless, being the nice person that I am, I made three kinds of soup that I kept between my feet on the ride there.

So, whenever we all get together as a family, especially when the sister-in-law is coming, we always joke, "Who's making soup?" or "Is she bringing soup?" or "Are we going to have soup?". This small, personal jab makes me feel better about her coming....
    If I'd been a ranch, they would have named me The Bar None~~ Gilda

Quote Originally Posted by LoneStarSpur
    The kids would always ask me which episode this one was and I'd always say "This is the one where the spaceship crashes on the planet and they all die."
    Kinda when I tell South Park fans that "Oh yeah, I saw that once. It was the one where Kenny died!"

Or, as I told my DH this year, it seems like most colleges get to bowl games, but only two teams get to compete in the Super Bowl.
    One by one, the penguins are stealing my sanity

CurvesForum

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    When I'm talking on the phone at work to my best friend, I had to come up with a quick thing so that she knew I had to hang up immediately. She's one of those "oooooooookayyyyyyyyy, I'll seeeeeeeeee you laterrrrrrrrrr". It takes me 5 minutes to hang up.

So, don't ask me how, but I say "eggroll" and hang up.

Of course most people don't usually talk about eggrolls, but I just say eggroll and click and it's done!

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    Thought of another thing - my husband inherited this from his father and it gets me every time.

He'll, out of nowhere, say "think it will work?" and I say "what?" and he'll say "a windshield wiper on a duck's ass"

I don't get it. He says it out of nowhere. But it cracks me up and always gets me out of a bad mood.

Well, this thread is great. I have eight brothers and sisters so there was never a shortage of witty repartee or just plain nasty rejoinders flying around our house. Keep in mind that for some of this, you just plain had to be there.

If you've ever seen the show "Dr. Katz" - there's an incident when he and his son are out driving and there's a box on the road - his son tells him he shouldn't run it over because there "might be kitties in that box". Now, every time we see something on the highway (right down to a slurpee cup) we can't run it over because there might be kitties in it. (I didn't say we weren't strange)

Whenever someone talks with food in their mouth, we call it speaking "fatugese". I'm not sure where that one came from.

My younger brother was at home, eating Nachos when my sister and brother-in-law stopped by to see him. They walked into his kitchen and he had sour cream all over his hands. They asked him what he was eating and my brother-in-law piped up before he could answer: "A fistful of sour cream?". Now, whenever someone does or says something stupid, we just call it a "fistful of sour cream".

And whenever we did something stupid, my dad would say in this hillbilly voice "I can't believe you sprang from these here loins". We would just crack up and he would usually forget to punish us.

Have I mentioned I love this thread?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast