+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Non FORT Christmas Parties?

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Non FORT Christmas Parties?

Work parties, house parties what is on your agenda this season?

This year my mom's company had a really cool Kids Christmas party. They had it out on this farm. There were sleigh rides, riding horses, animals to pet and play with, mazes to go thru and the barn is really fun with a tire swing up in the loft. The kids had a blast, but I think the parents had just as good a time. The weather wasn't too cold and there was a visit from Santa as well. Personally I finally overcame a big fear of mine -- riding horses!!! And of course I had to be really smart and decide to get on the biggest horse in our city and surrounding area!! It was a beautiful black horse who stand 18 hands high!!! Wowee

So what fun/not so fun activities do your bosses have in store for you?
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

Well, I'm self employed. So I think my awesome boss is going to buy me a new sweater, a Terry's Chocolate Orange and a magnum of Strawberry Zindfandel. She is also going to arrange and outing for my husband and daughter so I can enjoy the afore mentioned spoils in the bathtub.
    I have a very thoughtful and caring boss.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    You mean, there are parties outside of FORT?
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

We're not having a work party this year, we're getting turkeys and a bottle of wine instead. I say GOOD!

I see enough of my co-workers.

I have a few parties to go to, not including all the family stuff between my boyfriend and I and each side of the family.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

At work we also had a Christmas party and a daytime one for the kids, actually, it's open to any child invited.

Hello Junkiegirl! :santawave

Well, my company celebrated Festivus a week ago at a bar and grill. That is to say, my tiny branch of the company did (handful of people).

But your mom's place sounds like they went all out! I've never been on a horse either. Very afraid of being bucked off, no matter how silly that is!

All right, here's one to top all parties, and I didn't even get to go to it. A friend of mine is married to a man who worked for this suddenly amazingly successful software company. The owner went from a two bedroom house to an enormous mansion on some very expensive lakefront property.

Anyhow, they all were given directions to some school parking lot, where they were picked up in limos, brought to this man's house, and then entertained by Glen Fry and this famous quick-painting portrait guy (can't think of his name right now). There were other musical guests there, too, but I can't remember! This was about three or four years ago. I just remember that they all got chopper rides around the city, had sleigh rides, and got Oscar-night worthy gift packages. Oh, and a fireworks show! I sooo wished I were there!

ETA: Miss F. I'll the whole seeing co-workers all the time thing. I've been harrassed before to join softball teams etc., and I just think, "you know, I see you people more than I see the people I CHOOSE to spend time with." I love my current co-workers, but still, with some of the "icks" I've worked with in the past, I just think, "damn, I can't believe I actually spend more time with fill-in-the-blank than my own friends and family." *sigh* Ugh.
    Last edited by Shazzer; 12-18-2003 at 03:04 PM.
    "If you're like me, you have a 'been there, done that' attitude when it comes to paleolithic paleontology." - Jon Stewart

"I swear, you are the ho-ho ho." - OTS

My husband feels the same way. I had to convince him to go (and take me) to his company Christmas party.
    The Christmas party is put on by the social commitee and funded by the workers themselves (through soda machine profits) so there is a dance and meal thrown every year for the employees. They also have a kid's Christmas party. In a church auditorium, Christmas music, crafts, and Santa bearing gifts. Also funded by the social committee.
    The only thing hubby gets from his company is a $30 gift certificate at the local grocery store (supposedly for a turkey) My husband works for a huge multi-million dollar company. :rolleyes
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

I also ditto everyone above regarding work Xmas parties. I've been successful in avoiding going to mine for a few years now.
    Some people are like slinkies, they're useless until you push them down the stairs.

Shazzer, that sounds like an awesome party. No WAY would I ever get that here.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    I used to "Love" going to our company Christmas parties. I was at my last company for 15 years and they got better and better each year.

I wish I was still working
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast