+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Help!!!!

Great ideas everyone. Love the 007 one.

You know what struck me as I read this thread, though? The fact that you're on the net at school! How I would have LOVED to have net access in my "day". We just had sticks, dirt, and an abacus.
    "If you're like me, you have a 'been there, done that' attitude when it comes to paleolithic paleontology." - Jon Stewart

"I swear, you are the ho-ho ho." - OTS

Quote Originally Posted by Shazzer
    ......You know what struck me as I read this thread, though? The fact that you're on the net at school! How I would have LOVED to have net access in my "day". We just had sticks, dirt, and an abacus.
    An abacus. Is that some kind of fish? Just kidding. There were computer's at my cousin's school in NYC. I wanted to go to that school because I thought that computers might be important in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Shazzer
    Great ideas everyone. Love the 007 one.

You know what struck me as I read this thread, though? The fact that you're on the net at school! How I would have LOVED to have net access in my "day". We just had sticks, dirt, and an abacus.

Hey I'm older than you! We would have loved to have sticks, dirt & an abacus!

Chris

That's right. Only the really ritzy schools had sticks and dirt back in my day. Showoffs! We had nothing but splinters and mud, and we LOVED it!
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Quote Originally Posted by Paulie
    That's right. Only the really ritzy schools had sticks and dirt back in my day. Showoffs! We had nothing but splinters and mud, and we LOVED it!
    And you walked three miles one-way in the snow to get there, didn't you?
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

Only if I was lucky, Lucy.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Now, there there, I'm sure I'm younger than you, yet last year we didn't even get to play with splinters and mud. No, we only had the dinosaurs to play with. Stubborn and tempermental creations, they were.

Quote Originally Posted by eldee
    I wanted to go to that school because I thought that computers might be important in the future.
    You never know, eldee - they might be!
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

Ever see the "crotchety old man" SNL skit with Dana Carvey? THIS is what that reminded me of! Said with sour face: "Video games? We didn't have no fancy video games. All we had was a tree and a rock..and we LIKED it."

OTS! Yes, maybe someday.....*looks far off into the distance and sighs....*
    "If you're like me, you have a 'been there, done that' attitude when it comes to paleolithic paleontology." - Jon Stewart

"I swear, you are the ho-ho ho." - OTS

FORT Newbie
    Feels Like Heaven in 2007

No Workin' at 7/11 in 2007

Engines are Revvin' in 2007

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast