+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: What are your kids getting for Christmas?

Someone decided yesterday that I needed a secret Santa. I got to my truck after work and someone had placed presents in it for my daughter and myself. They were from Santa's Helper Elves so I have no clue. It was nice, though.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

That's sweet dagwood, how nice someone was thinking of you.

My mom just sent me a check to buy something for the kids, so they are also getting nice thick robes and new pj's from grandma (but I get the fun of shopping) May get some art supplies too if the sales are good enough.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

Re: What are your kids getting for Christmas?

I know it's pretty early for this thread but I'm making some of my presents so I need all of this time so I can get everything done.

My daycare kids have recently become obsessed with sock monkeys so that's what I'm making for them. I've never made them before but there are so many excellent tutorials on the net that I'll have no trouble! What will be most time consuming is embroidering the face (4 of my kids are under 3) on each of them and I want to blanket stitch a felt heart with each child's name embroidered on their personal monkey.

Anyone else working on hand-made gifts yet?
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

That sounds really cute Duxxy. Post some pics when you finish them.

I'm more of a store bought kind of person, unless you count baking. We have several friends that I bake for at Christmas. Monkey bread, fudge, cookies, etc. My kids get one gift to open, usually clothes, and then money. My granddaughters, on the other hand... Well, lets just say that it's easy to spoil them.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Duxxy, I love that idea. Maybe I'll try that one for my crew. I did a quick search and there are tons of instructions out there.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

I'm really broke this year, but I have a HUGE tub of yarn, so I started knitting scarves for presents. Put my tv time to good use.
    Count your blessings!

Christmas is pretty much limited to the kiddo this year. She wants a bike and an MP3 player. My mom will want to buy one, she has a tough time buying for her so I will get the other. Everyone else is getting cookies. I haven't decided what kind yet, though.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Duxxy, you must really dislike the kids - giving them something as scary as a sock monkey for Christmas! They are almost as bad as the Flying Monkeys in the Wizard of Oz ......

This year, my son has expressed a wish for cash. Not that he is trying to be greedy or anything - they'd like to purchase a cabin and he's trying to save up for a down payment.

Hadn't planned on any knitted gifts for anyone this year; although the socks I made for my sister last year were a big hit. Of course, she knits better than I do but these were the first things anyone had hand-knit for her so she was thrilled!
    I never met a piece of chocolate I didn't like.

I didn't say my kids have taste SR5Rfan, just that they liked them

Ok so here are my first 2 attempts. I think I like the one with the embroidered face best. I think for the next batch I'm going to do them assembly line style: all bodies, then tails, then arms etc.

I like the socks that I found (I'm allergic to wool so I can't use the original socks with the red heel) I think I might try to find some girl-er looking socks or try something to make some feminine looking monkies, my crew is exactly half girls and half boys.

and yep, I did want him to have 2 different button eyes.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy;3216375;
    I didn't say my kids have taste SR5Rfan, just that they liked them

Ok so here are my first 2 attempts. I think I like the one with the embroidered face best. I think for the next batch I'm going to do them assembly line style: all bodies, then tails, then arms etc.

I like the socks that I found (I'm allergic to wool so I can't use the original socks with the red heel) I think I might try to find some girl-er looking socks or try something to make some feminine looking monkies, my crew is exactly half girls and half boys.

and yep, I did want him to have 2 different button eyes.
    I think that they are adorable! I still have the sock monkey that a friend's mother made for me when I was about4!

I've been frantically cross-stitching. I make Christmas ornaments for all of the kids that we know every year. I enjoy it, but I waited too late to start making them this year.

I'm jealous of all of you knitters. My Mother knits and she has tried to teach me countless times. I'm left-handed and the knitting thing hasn't worked out well for me. Mom has literally had to cut my pathetic attempts off of the knitting needles because it is backwards and the tension isn't right.... We finally gave up. I have socks, sweaters, scarves, blankets and Christmas stockings (she's made one for Mr. Doxie and for our our dogs ) that she has knitted and I love them all. The people who receive your knitted gifts are VERY lucky.
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

+ Reply to Thread