+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: What are your kids getting for Christmas?

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer401
    My daughter is getting lots of stickers in her stocking. She's two, so stickers rock her world. She loves to put them on everything.
    Sounds like my daughter.

My daughter is getting scrunchies, bubble bath, a candy necklace making kit and Slim Jims in her stocking. I know there is something else, I just can't remember.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Are these spots becoming? chompstick's Avatar
    My just barely 3yr old son asked Santa for just one thing that he wants more than anything in the world.....

A cuckoo clock!

So, we found a inexpensive one on ebay and he'll adore it.

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer401
    My daughter is getting lots of stickers in her stocking. She's two, so stickers rock her world. She loves to put them on everything.

My daughter loves stickers too. She puts them all over everything including herself and sometimes me
    Some people are like slinkies, they're useless until you push them down the stairs.

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy
    Especially when you are the 'cool aunt'
    There's so much pressure being the cool aunt, isn't there?

Quote Originally Posted by ineedalife
    Santa is also bringing a hamster for my 7 yr old son. Anybody have one and have any beginner's advice (or advice to mom's that have to clean the cage by default?)? lol
    Beware if the pet shop labels the tiny hamsters as male or female. They're way too young to have their gender confirmed. Ask the store if they guarantee that the males are indeed male and they'll say no.

A number of years back, I got one "male" Russian dwarf hamster. In a few months time, he had turned into TWENTY ONE hamsters!! The male was actually a female who had gotten pregnant before we bought her (they can get pregnant VERY young), and when her litter was born it was next to impossible to keep them all separated, so then we had more, and more....what a nightmare!

Quote Originally Posted by FinallyHere
    My daughter loves stickers too. She puts them all over everything including herself and sometimes me

Yeah, I look like a bulletin board sometimes I have so many stickers on me. Oh, to be young enough to be so easily amused
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

MIA, RIP, or Busy...
    Quote Originally Posted by chompstick
    A number of years back, I got one "male" Russian dwarf hamster. In a few months time, he had turned into TWENTY ONE hamsters!!
    OMG! I thought it was rather obvious when hamsters were male if you know what I mean ? No?

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by hepcat
    I love the idea of tape. My daughter is always begging for pieces of my expensive artists' tape (which is probably just masking tape with a $9 price tag).
    Last year, I put a three pack of scotch tape in my daughter's stocking, it was a total hit!!!

OMG! I thought it was rather obvious when hamsters were male if you know what I mean ? No?
    Well, with big adult hamsters it is very easy to tell but, these were very young, as I assume your new one will be, and they were dwarf hamsters (which are absolutely adorable) which makes identification even more difficult.

Santa is also bringing a hamster for my 7 yr old son. Anybody have one and have any beginner's advice (or advice to mom's that have to clean the cage by default?)? lol
    Advice? Don't let a dog nearby, hamsters can have a heart attack when a dog comes barking next to cage....
    I like hamsters, they are quite easy pets Cheap stuff for them to play with are for example empty toilet paper/ kitchen towel rolls, they make great tunnels.
    ps. This is just my opinion in the matter.

MIA, RIP, or Busy...
    Thanks Chomp and Tirlittan for the tips! It sounds like it will be fun taking care of them as long as they don't decide my finger is their food! Can't wait to see my son's face when he sees it!

+ Reply to Thread