+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: What are your kids getting for Christmas?

Re: What are your kids getting for Christmas?

Well, it's not really the dog's fault if he hasn't been taught better. But how awful that you lost your new book! I hope your daughter replaces it right away.
    I never met a piece of chocolate I didn't like.

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy;3256975;
    Well I was finally able to give my monkeys to my kiddos. I made 11 in all. Here is a pic of a few of them - the kids fell instantly in love. It's really nice to see your hard work appreciated. One of my moms just about fell on her bum when I told her that I made them (she thought I bought them). I was a little miffed when I saw sock monkeys for sale at the drugstore for $12!! It took me a few MONTHS to make those! LOL as long as the kids love them...

(identities concealed for privacy)
    Duxxy your monkeys turned out great, very cute and am sure very much appreciated. My son received one from his grandma waaay back when he was young. It had velcro on the ends of the hands and feet so he could carry the monkey on his back or at his side. It was sooo cute watching him toddle around with his little "baby monkey". To this day he is still my baby monkey with much more expensive tastes.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

Quote Originally Posted by JunkieGirl;3257919;
    Duxxy your monkeys turned out great, very cute and am sure very much appreciated. My son received one from his grandma waaay back when he was young. It had velcro on the ends of the hands and feet so he could carry the monkey on his back or at his side. It was sooo cute watching him toddle around with his little "baby monkey". To this day he is still my baby monkey with much more expensive tastes.
    That is such a sweet story!

My nephew loves monkeys. I have a sock monkey that I've had since I was a child and the nephew always plays with it when he is here. I have considered giving it to him, but he seems to have more fun "visiting" the monkey!

I got him one of those "Barrel Of Monkeys" games for Christmas as a last minute surprise (and also because I couldn't track down the monkey Webkinz that he wanted). Barrel Of Monkeys turned out to be a MASSIVE hit - probably the best $5.00 I have ever spent!
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

My kids used to love Barrel of Monkeys. When I was cleaning out the attic I found 3 stray ones and put them on the tree this year with the decorations. One for each kid. They thought that was hysterical.
    Count your blessings!

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3258074;
    My kids used to love Barrel of Monkeys. When I was cleaning out the attic I found 3 stray ones and put them on the tree this year with the decorations. One for each kid. They thought that was hysterical.
    What a great idea Gut!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

One year when the kids were little my ex threw away all the Christmas ornaments thinking they were trash, so the next year we used paper clips to make ornaments out of Happy Meal toys, teething pretzles, shaped erasers, etc. We still use them. I'm pretty sure nobody else here has a headless Kewpie doll hanging on their tree.
    Count your blessings!

No, Gutmutter - I've gotta admit - there are no kewpie dolls on my tree, headless or otherwise! I bet your tree looks great though!
    I never met a piece of chocolate I didn't like.

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3258089;
    One year when the kids were little my ex threw away all the Christmas ornaments thinking they were trash, so the next year we used paper clips to make ornaments out of Happy Meal toys, teething pretzles, shaped erasers, etc. We still use them. I'm pretty sure nobody else here has a headless Kewpie doll hanging on their tree.
    It never ceases to amaze me how creative people can be! I'd love to see a picture of the tree, Gutmutter. Ahhh the joys of Christmases past, when times were so much simpler and yet left such lasting impressions that stay with us for many, many years.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

The funny thing is, that ever since that Christmas the kids have gotten fun Hallmark ornaments relating to their interests, but when we got a small tree this year and I didn't put every ornament we own on it, more of the old ornaments made the cut than the commercial ones.
    Count your blessings!

My son got a large sum of money from his father's side of the family. Can you say burning a hole in his pocket?? Every 5 minutes, mom, can we go to target.... um no, I am working right now!
    Yup, with donuts!!

+ Reply to Thread