+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: I'm a little anxious!

I'm a little anxious!

My mom is having surgery on her neck and back tomorrow. I can not be there because there is no one to watch the kids. My dad works in the hospital where she is having the surgery and my uncle is taking her to find her room and send her off to sugery. I know they will take good care of her, but I want to be there. Darn that Oprah for reairing that show about all the medical mishaps last week. I want to take a large black sharpie marker to my mom's body and not put it away until it looks like she was attacked by a paranoid ink pixie. I want to write "do not cut here" on every limb or appendage that will not be involved in the surgery. Since I can not do that I would apreciate a few prayers/good thoughs/meditations from my FORTies. So if you are feeling moved to do so, I will thank you in advance. Thank you.

Wow! I feel much better just having typed this out. Thanks again for all of your support.
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

Just think positive thoughts, Feifer. I'm sure it will be fine. Medical mistakes wouldn't be news if they were the norm; so many surgeries go off without a hitch!
    And as far as writing "do not operate here" on her various limbs, well, at least she's only got one neck/back so they can hardly miss them.
    Take heart knowing others will be with her.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

Best wishes!!!!

I saw that show too, Feifer Not that I needed reminding. I've had two relatives that were the victim of medical mistakes. My husband's grandfather was operated and they didn't close off one of his bile ducts. It left the duct pumping all that 'stuff' into his abdomen and he almost died before they figured out what they had done.

I don't blame you for wanting to 'sharpie' her. I would probably write out a big reminder on my stomach for them to 'pick up their toys' when they were done and to make sure they left everything 'neat and clean'.

I'm sure your Mom will be fine. I'll say a prayer and send warm fuzzy wishes her way. Tell her everyone at FORT said to get well soon
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

I'm sure all will go well, Feifer, but I've said a couple for ya'
    If God is a DJ--life is a dance floor
    Click here to team up with FansOfRealityTV to help fight cancer!
    Watashi wa, sekai wo kaeru.

Feif, I'm sure your mom will be fine, but I'll be wishing her the best.

Leo
    Premium Member
    I'm sure everything will turn out perfectly fine.

Sending good wishes and good vibes for your mother, you and the rest of your family.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

I want to write "do not cut here" on every limb or appendage that will not be involved in the surgery. Since I can not do that I would...

Actually, you might want to. For example, try witing a simple "Y" or "N" on her limbs closest to her back and neck. What's the worse that could happen?

I have had a few surgeries that required general anestesia and each time the doctors always came in to confer and talk with me. I reminded them or at least made sure they knew which limb they were fixin. When I had surgery on my high ankle sprain a few years ago, the nurse and doctor both came in and verified which leg it was before I was put under. The doctor himself put a big "YES" on the correct leg and a big "NO" on the incorrect leg. This was at a military hospital but I'm sure it's practiced at most hospitals especially in the day of legalities and everyone suing. I'm sure her doctor will do his/ her best.

Hope everything goes well. Keep us posted!!

It's a *big* plus that your dad works there. They know someone will be looking over their shoulders. Best wishes to your whole family...I'll be thinking about you and send a little prayer up for her (and you!)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast