+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: I'm a little anxious!

I'll echo JD and just say that my mom has also been in and out of the hospital this year a bunch of times, had two surgeries, and my dad has had three surgeries this year. They've all turned out extremely well!

So I know today is the day, and I'm sending massive amounts of good vibes your way. Can you feel them? Wait...hold on.........zzzzzzzzAP! There!
    "If you're like me, you have a 'been there, done that' attitude when it comes to paleolithic paleontology." - Jon Stewart

"I swear, you are the ho-ho ho." - OTS

Feifer, I was out yesterday but, I just said a little prayer for your Mom, you and the surgeons. I'm confident that all will go well. Your family will have her safety and good recovery for Christmas! Please keep us up to date on how well she is doing.

BTW, it's great that she has a daughter like you asking and receiving prayers and good wishes for her.

Thank you all so much for your thoughts and prayers! Mom is checking in to her room and getting prepped for surgery right now.

I learned yesterday that she will be up and walking later today and might even go home tonight. The doctor has her scheduled to start walking a mile a day by monday and then 4 miles a day by week three post-op. She will have to do that much walking since the doctor will not let her ride in a car(except for the ride home and to the first post-op checkup)for six weeks. She would go crazy locked up in the house that long. I am going to knit her a hat and scarf today so she will keep toasty on her walks.

I used to work in the hospital where she is having surgery. There is a doc there that only does knee surgery. He visits the patients right before they are given their pre-op medication and has them sharpie their own knees and sign them so he is sure which ones to operate on. He adds his signarure and no knee gets operated on without two signatures. It is nice to know that there are a few docs who really go the extra mile.

Thank you all again for the well wishes and I will let you know how she is later today.
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

I am just feeling warm and fuzzy from all of the posts here. That is saying a lot since our heater is out on the coldest day this year in Texas. Thank you all for taking care of your fellow FORTies an their families....especially me and mine yesterday and today. I will keep you up to date on Mom's pregress.
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

That's good news Feif. Sounds like she has a good doctor that has managed to put most of her (and your) fears at ease.

Let us know how it goes.

::tosses Feif an extra blanket::
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

Positive thoughts are headed your way Feifer!
    I'm sure everything will go smooth as silk.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Well, I got the times mixed up and just found out from Dad that the surgery starts at 1pm and lasts for 2 1/2 hours.(Dad is the one known for getting these things wrong, so I hope it is opposite day for him) Mr. Feifer says that he can take off at 3pm so that I can go see her after surgery. I just like to be there. I know I may not do much but fluff a pillow and straighten a cover(only on request, of course) but I like to be there. I feel totally useless and helpless at home when my mom is in the hospital. Thank you all for being here for such great support.

Miss F, the blanket is so toasty. Thanks

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    Feif - good luck to your Mom. My mom was diagnosed with breast cancer in September and had 2 surgeries thusfar and is 75. It's not easy, but she's doing great. She had back surgery at 69 and did great too - I wish your Mom the best of luck! We'll say a little prayer

Thank you all, especially those who took the time to share a personal story or send up a prayer/good thought/meditation/healing white light. Mom will be out of surgery soon and I am going to get ready to leave now for the hospital. Thanks too, for keeping me company all day long. It is true that the BEST people in the world are at FORT!!

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    good luck to Mom, I have had 3 neck surgeries and have come out fine on all three. wishing her the same results

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast