+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Snoring!

Snoring!

Yeah...odd topic huh? lol.

But honestly... does anyone have a good remedy for snoring?

It's becoming quite a problem, I have probably slept like 2 nights this whole week cause hubby snores so badly... he got a spray that he sprays before bed but it doesn't seem to do the trick...

So I was just wondering if anyone have any good tips... Do any of the "anti-snore" stuff they advertise actually work? Are there any "old wives" tricks that work?

I've found one remedy that works well, it's called the couch, but it gets really lonely & depressing after awhile lol...besides why am *I* the one on the couch, HE is the one that is snoring!!

Anyhow.... figured I'd try asking, didn't cost me anything & ... let's face it... I'm up anyway...

Wyn
    "He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how."

I've found one remedy that works well, it's called the couch, but it gets really lonely & depressing after awhile lol...besides why am *I* the one on the couch, HE is the one that is snoring!!
    I'm sorry but that made me laugh so hard. I thought you meant he was getting the couch until you complained about having to sleep on it.

I've heard a good way to stop snoring is to have better posture when sleeping. Usually sleepers that sleep on their back with their head up are more likely to snore. I've heard that forcing yourself a position such as sleeping on your side helps. I'm not sure if that really works though.
    Last edited by Zaius; 12-09-2003 at 02:42 AM.
    "The bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of an expanding bureaucracy."
    -- Unknown

lol..

what can I say...

the world is so cruel....
    "He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how."

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    Oh Wyn Baby :santawave

I feel for you, honey. I CANNOT stand someone snoring beside me -- no matter how much I love him.

Unfortunately, I don't have any cures, except possibly earplugs The couch is a horrible remedy, and I hope that doesn't last long.

Good luch to you, Sweetie
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

MIA, RIP, or Busy...
    I feel for you honey. My hubby snores A LOT! I laugh because he blames it on eating salty foods before bed, but then he still snores anyway. He is so loud, he rocks the house and our kids have actually renamed the song to "It's raining, it's pouring, Daddy is snoring".

Anyhow, solutions:
    "Once, twice, you are outta here and kicked to the other bedroom" is one solution.

He has tried the strips, which worked well. If you can get past giving him a kiss goodnight with a bandaid on his nose, you'll be fine and enjoy peaceful sleep the rest of the night.

My husband snores like a buzzsaw. I snore when I am sick or have terrible allergies. It took me a while to get used to my husband's snoring. I bought one of those sleep sound generators and it did the trick for a while but broke about a week after I bought it. I returned it for the cash since I was low that week and never bought another because I no longer needed it. His snoring is just another sleep inducing noise for me and now I have trouble going to sleep before he does sometimes.
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

Quote Originally Posted by Jewelsy
    I feel for you, honey. I CANNOT stand someone snoring beside me -- no matter how much I love him.
    So, is that why you kicked me to the curb for chiro?

On a serious note, next time he's at the doctor, have him evaluated for sleep apnea. It's a health condition that can sometimes cause terrible snoring problems. I'm not an expert on it, but the reason for the snoring is that the person with sleep apnea isn't getting enough oxygen. They actually stop breathing several times per night. My father-in-law snored like a buzzsaw for years until he was treated for sleep apnea. He now sleeps better and is snore-free.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

I feel your pain Wyn! My hubby snores too, and it can be so miserable to never get good sleep. I've actually read studies about women becoming delusional because they don't get enough REM sleep!

The "white noise machine" idea is good. I have a clock radio with "nature sounds" that works pretty well.

But I definitely agree that you should have him checked out for sleep apnea which is very serious. I helped deliver a baby for a woman last year who's husband died two weeks earlier (on their wedding anniversary!) while he was taking a 20-minute nap. A doctor had given him valium which is the exactly WRONG thing to treat sleep apnea with.

Good luck! (and let me know if you find a good cure!)

Wyn, I have spent many a night on the couch due to hubby's snoring! At least my couch is comfortable :rolleyes

My hubby had the whole slepp test at the hospital, for ossible sleep apnea, but of course he slept soundly and didn't freakin' snore.

When he sleeps on his back is is definitely worse than when he's on his side though. Also worse when his allergies are bad (like Feif ).

He's tried sprays and the bandaid thing, but neither worked.

As long as I fall asleep before him I don't have a problem, but I have a hard time slepping if he falls asleep first.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast