+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Snoring!

Quote Originally Posted by cali
    I don't know if this is the reason or not, but my husband has seemed to all but stop snoring since Christmas. We got something called "Natures Clock". It is really cool. It wakes you up slowly. 1/2 hour before the alarm is set it starts to get gradually brighter. 15 minutes in nature sounds begin and the light has heated aroma therepy beads.

ANYWAY... You can set it to put you to sleep in the reverse order, and the aroma therepy seems to put him to sleep nicely.

Coincidence? Probably, but I'm still happy
    That sounds awesome I've always said that it can't be good for you to be awakened by a screetching 10 inches from your ear Probably takes years off our lives
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

I found one, firegirl (we'll have to ask where cali got hers too). The first on the page was discontinued, but they list several others.

http://www.serenityhealth.com/nature_clock.html
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Duct tape a tennis ball to the back of his shirt! It will keep him from sleeping on his back! Don't laugh, it actually works!
    Ingorance killed the Cat... Curiousity was framed!

Quote Originally Posted by Wyndemere
    Yeah...odd topic huh? lol.

I've found one remedy that works well, it's called the couch, but it gets really lonely & depressing after awhile lol...besides why am *I* the one on the couch, HE is the one that is snoring!!
    Wyn
    haha! Looks like you & I have the same remedy! I get annoyed too when he's the one snoring, but I always end up on the sofa! And he also does that jerking twitch too. Does yours do that? I hate it!

Sometimes I'll nudge him to get him to change positions so that maybe he'll stop snoring. Sometimes it works, but sometimes not. And sometimes it'll wake him up & he'll be all disoriented & be like "what?what?" & I'll tell him "you were snoring" & he'll say "no I wasn't! I'm not even asleep! I'm wide awake!" And of course the next morning he has no memory of the conversation.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Someone mentioned earplugs in passing - they really are worth a try. The really soft ones are comfortable enough to wear all night. Not only did it eliminate the husband snoring problem for me, but I find they are more effective than sleeping pills for getting me to sleep fast. Just make sure you don't forget to put a few in your purse when you travel or you'll never get to sleep.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

FORT Fogey
    Wynd, I know exactly what you're talking about! And I'm not even married. I hate snoring so much and I can't sleep if someone IS snoring, but when my dad falls asleep on the couch, I can hear him through my closed door. Guess who gets much less sleep that night then? Me of course! My mom has even suggested sleeping on the pull out sofa bed downstairs so I don't have to listen to him!

I've told my mom to at least TRY something to fix the problem but she won't do anything and my dad believes he doesn't snore. Seriously. My mom snores too, but not as loudly and at least she knows she does it.

I already refuse to go on vacations with my parents unless they get me a separate room so I can enough sleep each night and not go crazy. The noise machine really doesn't help and ear plugs just plug my ears up.

One word: UGH! I hope my future husband doesn't snore.

Looks like there's a lot of people in same situation here lol, I think there should be an AA type meeting or a support group or SOMETHING for us, dont ya think so??? lol.

Anyhow, Cali, I'm dying to know where you get that Nature's clock, it sounds awesome. I'll check out the link stargazer posted but if I can get it somewhere local I'll go today! hehe.
    "He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how."

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyndemere
    Looks like there's a lot of people in same situation here lol, I think there should be an AA type meeting or a support group or SOMETHING for us, dont ya think so??? lol.

Anyhow, Cali, I'm dying to know where you get that Nature's clock, it sounds awesome. I'll check out the link stargazer posted but if I can get it somewhere local I'll go today! hehe.

Sign me up for those meetings. And why is it that they never EVER believe us that they were snoring the night before and kept us up all night? It's gotten to the point that I go sleep on the couch too.

DOMESTIC GODDESS realitycrazmom's Avatar
    My husband used to be a real snorer also. He cut out soda a few weeks prior to starting a diet and he's been pretty quiet so far.

I saw a news report of a man whose wife was fed up with his snoring and he decided to try and invent some sort of "snore-no-more" gadget. What he did was to take an old bra and put two tennis balls in each cup, then put the bra on backwards. (The picture of this tubby old man putting it on was quite funny!) I guess with the tennis balls in the back they keep one from rolling onto their back and remain sleeping on their side.

Now, I know that my husband would never agree to wearing such a contraption, due to the silght chance of a fire or unexpected company at 3:00 am. But if worse comes to worse, it may be worth a try!
    If I'd been a ranch, they would have named me The Bar None~~ Gilda

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie
    Sign me up for those meetings. And why is it that they never EVER believe us that they were snoring the night before and kept us up all night? It's gotten to the point that I go sleep on the couch too.
    Yeah, sign me up too! And like I said, my dad never believes that he snores. It's so annoying. So, I know exactly what you're saying!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast