+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 34

Thread: Snoring!

  1. #11
    Mmmmmm, cheese tracylee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    online - is there anywhere else?
    Age
    49
    Posts
    594
    My hubby's snoring depends on how much he's had to drink, and whether he ends up on his back. Usually, I just roll him back on his side and he stops.
    On the other hand, he often has to roll me back the other direction because I'm snoring in his ear! Of course, he's kind enough to call them 'sleeping sounds'. It's related to weight, wine, and the condition of my sinuses at any given time.

    My mom did the CPAP machine for sleep apnea. She had been tired all the time, and my Dad wasn't getting any sleep worrying about whether or not she'd start breathing again. I think she had it for a couple of years before Dad started complaining about the noise the machine made, so they're back to where they started, but she's exercising and losing weight, so hopefully that'll help.
    One by one, the penguins are stealing my sanity

    CurvesForum

  2. #12
    RESIDENT JEDI MASTER Stargazer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    On a Rocky Mountain High
    Age
    39
    Posts
    11,928
    Quote Originally Posted by tracylee

    My mom did the CPAP machine for sleep apnea. She had been tired all the time, and my Dad wasn't getting any sleep worrying about whether or not she'd start breathing again. I think she had it for a couple of years before Dad started complaining about the noise the machine made, so they're back to where they started, but she's exercising and losing weight, so hopefully that'll help.
    That's what my FIL uses. MIL doesn't mind it as much as the snoring. She said it just seems like white noise to her.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

    "I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

  3. #13
    Rude and Abrasive Texicana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    in the kitchen, darling!
    Age
    44
    Posts
    4,842
    On a related note, I have to deal with a husband and a dog snoring right besides me...
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

  4. #14
    Resurrected chirospasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    I'm baaaa-aack!
    Posts
    1,044
    Wow, I can't believe all of you wives sleep on the couch! That's my Mom's rule; if Dad's keeping her up, HE goes to the couch! (well, now it's mine or my sister's old bedroom, but you get the picture )

    I don't know how she can complain, she snores just as badly as he does! My sister and I always say that they must have been loggers in a former life, and dream with supporting sound effects
    If God is a DJ--life is a dance floor
    Click here to team up with FansOfRealityTV to help fight cancer!
    Watashi wa, sekai wo kaeru.

  5. #15
    Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    SLC, UT
    Posts
    3,160
    If I knew the cure for snoring I would probably still be living with my husband. We've been separated for two years. (Well, that and he's an ass, but the snoring is bad, too.....)

  6. #16
    MIA, RIP, or Busy...
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    2,909
    Quote Originally Posted by chirospasm
    Wow, I can't believe all of you wives sleep on the couch! That's my Mom's rule; if Dad's keeping her up, HE goes to the couch! (well, now it's mine or my sister's old bedroom, but you get the picture )
    That's the way it is in my house. He snores, he leaves because I'm poking him so much. Between my husband and our wandering little girl, it's one big night of shuffling beds sometimes.

  7. #17
    Plotting spegs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    In the land of endless sunshine
    Age
    41
    Posts
    2,226
    This thread hits home. I am currently staying in the guest room--I guess I should just feel lucky that I have that option.

    Cold season is the worst in our house. When his sinuses clear up I'll probably move back in. The sprays and breathe-right strips do nothing for my hubby. Like Cali, I have to fall asleep first. Then I just poke him viciously all through the night, and roll him over "very gently" with my feet. I have 2 white noise producers (fan and alarm clock), but even then, I spend about a quarter of the year in another room (with white noise going so I can't hear him through the walls!)

    As for making the snorer move to the other room/couch...ha ha ha. In my dreams--if I was able to sleep deeply enough to have dreams.
    "Look, you love me, and I love you. Maybe in a different time, a different place, this would work out. But we both know that only one of us is leaving this room alive, and I'm the one holding the flame thrower." - Film Fakers

  8. #18
    Soccer Kicks Balls cali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    right behind you
    Age
    47
    Posts
    15,258
    I don't know if this is the reason or not, but my husband has seemed to all but stop snoring since Christmas. We got something called "Natures Clock". It is really cool. It wakes you up slowly. 1/2 hour before the alarm is set it starts to get gradually brighter. 15 minutes in nature sounds begin and the light has heated aroma therepy beads.

    ANYWAY... You can set it to put you to sleep in the reverse order, and the aroma therepy seems to put him to sleep nicely.

    Coincidence? Probably, but I'm still happy
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

  9. #19
    FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    hangin' with the girls drinking Cosmos
    Posts
    7,842
    Quote Originally Posted by cali
    I don't know if this is the reason or not, but my husband has seemed to all but stop snoring since Christmas. We got something called "Natures Clock". It is really cool. It wakes you up slowly. 1/2 hour before the alarm is set it starts to get gradually brighter. 15 minutes in nature sounds begin and the light has heated aroma therepy beads.

    ANYWAY... You can set it to put you to sleep in the reverse order, and the aroma therepy seems to put him to sleep nicely.

    Coincidence? Probably, but I'm still happy

    Cali, that sounds like a good idea. Where did you get it? Now if only I could find one that hits hubby in the head to wake him up since that's just about what he needs.

  10. #20
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Waiting to watch the red carpet
    Age
    48
    Posts
    3,007
    Quote Originally Posted by cali
    I don't know if this is the reason or not, but my husband has seemed to all but stop snoring since Christmas. We got something called "Natures Clock". It is really cool. It wakes you up slowly. 1/2 hour before the alarm is set it starts to get gradually brighter. 15 minutes in nature sounds begin and the light has heated aroma therepy beads.

    ANYWAY... You can set it to put you to sleep in the reverse order, and the aroma therepy seems to put him to sleep nicely.

    Coincidence? Probably, but I'm still happy

    Where can I get one of those?? That sounds so great!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.