+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Snoring!

My hubby's snoring depends on how much he's had to drink, and whether he ends up on his back. Usually, I just roll him back on his side and he stops.
    On the other hand, he often has to roll me back the other direction because I'm snoring in his ear! Of course, he's kind enough to call them 'sleeping sounds'. It's related to weight, wine, and the condition of my sinuses at any given time.

My mom did the CPAP machine for sleep apnea. She had been tired all the time, and my Dad wasn't getting any sleep worrying about whether or not she'd start breathing again. I think she had it for a couple of years before Dad started complaining about the noise the machine made, so they're back to where they started, but she's exercising and losing weight, so hopefully that'll help.
    One by one, the penguins are stealing my sanity

CurvesForum

Quote Originally Posted by tracylee

My mom did the CPAP machine for sleep apnea. She had been tired all the time, and my Dad wasn't getting any sleep worrying about whether or not she'd start breathing again. I think she had it for a couple of years before Dad started complaining about the noise the machine made, so they're back to where they started, but she's exercising and losing weight, so hopefully that'll help.
    That's what my FIL uses. MIL doesn't mind it as much as the snoring. She said it just seems like white noise to her.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

On a related note, I have to deal with a husband and a dog snoring right besides me...
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

Wow, I can't believe all of you wives sleep on the couch! That's my Mom's rule; if Dad's keeping her up, HE goes to the couch! (well, now it's mine or my sister's old bedroom, but you get the picture )

I don't know how she can complain, she snores just as badly as he does! My sister and I always say that they must have been loggers in a former life, and dream with supporting sound effects
    If God is a DJ--life is a dance floor
    Click here to team up with FansOfRealityTV to help fight cancer!
    Watashi wa, sekai wo kaeru.

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    If I knew the cure for snoring I would probably still be living with my husband. We've been separated for two years. (Well, that and he's an ass, but the snoring is bad, too.....)

MIA, RIP, or Busy...
    Quote Originally Posted by chirospasm
    Wow, I can't believe all of you wives sleep on the couch! That's my Mom's rule; if Dad's keeping her up, HE goes to the couch! (well, now it's mine or my sister's old bedroom, but you get the picture )
    That's the way it is in my house. He snores, he leaves because I'm poking him so much. Between my husband and our wandering little girl, it's one big night of shuffling beds sometimes.

This thread hits home. I am currently staying in the guest room--I guess I should just feel lucky that I have that option.

Cold season is the worst in our house. When his sinuses clear up I'll probably move back in. The sprays and breathe-right strips do nothing for my hubby. Like Cali, I have to fall asleep first. Then I just poke him viciously all through the night, and roll him over "very gently" with my feet. I have 2 white noise producers (fan and alarm clock), but even then, I spend about a quarter of the year in another room (with white noise going so I can't hear him through the walls!)

As for making the snorer move to the other room/couch...ha ha ha. In my dreams--if I was able to sleep deeply enough to have dreams.
    "Look, you love me, and I love you. Maybe in a different time, a different place, this would work out. But we both know that only one of us is leaving this room alive, and I'm the one holding the flame thrower." - Film Fakers

I don't know if this is the reason or not, but my husband has seemed to all but stop snoring since Christmas. We got something called "Natures Clock". It is really cool. It wakes you up slowly. 1/2 hour before the alarm is set it starts to get gradually brighter. 15 minutes in nature sounds begin and the light has heated aroma therepy beads.

ANYWAY... You can set it to put you to sleep in the reverse order, and the aroma therepy seems to put him to sleep nicely.

Coincidence? Probably, but I'm still happy
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cali
    I don't know if this is the reason or not, but my husband has seemed to all but stop snoring since Christmas. We got something called "Natures Clock". It is really cool. It wakes you up slowly. 1/2 hour before the alarm is set it starts to get gradually brighter. 15 minutes in nature sounds begin and the light has heated aroma therepy beads.

ANYWAY... You can set it to put you to sleep in the reverse order, and the aroma therepy seems to put him to sleep nicely.

Cali, that sounds like a good idea. Where did you get it? Now if only I could find one that hits hubby in the head to wake him up since that's just about what he needs.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by cali

Where can I get one of those?? That sounds so great!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast