+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Favorite Toys

Woo hoo! I'm still a big kid for sure.

I loved action figures; especially Star Wars, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, and Masters of the Universe. Also, my brother & I loved Legos, Brio Mech, Lincoln Logs, and all things construction. We still love Legos, in fact.

As far as the "games," Hungry Hungry Hippos was awesome. So were Connect Four, Hi Ho Cherry-o, Sorry!, The Game of Life, Perfection, and Boggle (Junior, in this case.)

My brother is eleven years older than I, and I inherited all his cool stuff. :cool:

Oh yeah! Tinkertoys, Barbies, Viewmaster, Easy Bake Oven, and especially Spirograph. (Thanks for the photo Jewelsy!) Had a good collection of comic books but my Mom sold them in a yard sale. Luckily she didn't get her hands on my hockey cards. And my parents still have our Kerplunk, Avalanche, and Hats Off that my nieces and nephews now enjoy. I always wanted Lego, but my Mom said it was too expensive so I used to go to my friend's house after school so I could play with her brother's Lego. And I still collect Trivial Pursuit editions.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

Great thread SG.
    My all time favorite was probably Tyco slot cars. My friends and I would spend hours playing with those. I also liked:
    GI Joes
    Adventure People
    Leggos
    Lincoln logs
    Girder and Panel - (samre concept as lincoln logs except they were plastic girders that you built buildings with)
    Remote control cars

The last time my daughter was at my Dad's house, he dug out my old Lite Brite and Lincoln logs for her to play with.

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer401
    BTW- My Mom sold most of my Star Wars stuff in a yard sale once when I was at a summer thing. :mad: It would be worth a good deal of money today.
    I also lost much of my Star Wars collection to a yard sale. I had a special edition Boba Fet that you had to save up Mattel proof of purchases and mail away for. I decided to sell it at a yard sale my parents were having. Some guy came by, his eyes lit up and snatched it up for probably $5 or something. At the time I though five bucks was a nice amount, but what did I know? :mad:
    Some people are like slinkies, they're useless until you push them down the stairs.

MIA, RIP, or Busy...
    What a great thread idea SG! Fun memories....

Barbie's!
    Thumbelina doll, pick up sticks, and bzzzz Operation
    and my ultimate fav-my Wonder Woman costume I would not take off.

Oh yeah, and how about Mouse Trap?

Quote Originally Posted by ineedalife
    Oh yeah, and how about Mouse Trap?
    I used to love that one. I never actually played the game, I would just put the whole thing together and watch it work.
    Some people are like slinkies, they're useless until you push them down the stairs.

Viewmaster was fun I still remember that a disk with Humpty Dumpty was my all time favorite.
    I liked paper dolls better than Barbies (I categorized Barbies as "too princess like" for me ), I drew them clothes myself and we exchanged them between girlfriends. Also what is fun to see back on market is My Little Pony. They were my little sisters thing, but I did sew clothing for them all the time.
    We had quite a bit Lego's and I liked those a lot. My best friend had a whole Lego city build on an old dining room table. That was the coolest thing
    At some point I remember doing some neverending number of those shrinky dinks. My older son (5) would probably love that right now.
    And one Christmas I got the Brio loom to weave tiny rugs for my doll house.
    Of games I really liked Labyrith, that balancing a ball through a maze thing.
    ps. This is just my opinion in the matter.

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar
    Legos are cool---except when you step on 'em!!!! :mad:

Quote Originally Posted by JunkieGirl
    Legos are cool---except when you step on 'em!!!! :mad:

Yeah, they hurt. My daughter tends to leave hers all over the floor, so I know from experience.

Spiderman 2 - June 30 audiomaster's Avatar
    I think Legos are very noisy.

Im ready for my closeup.. Tallulahbaby's Avatar
    I still cant get over that somebody remembers fashion Plates...I still have mine.lol

Okay here is what I remember playing with and loving...

1. Sew Easy Machine.. Loved it I could pretend sewing like my mom.

2. Uncle Wiggly Board gome....Is one of my all time favorites

3. Monkeys in a Barrel

4. Barbies everything especially the big styling head. I would put rollers in her hair then forget about her for days...then Wha-la she would have permed hair!

5. Stratego...My brother and I played this game alot

6. Strinky dinks

7. Play-doh

8 Snoopy Sno-cone Machine...You put the icecubes and you get a sno-cone out...thats what the fun is all about...HEY SNOOPY!

9. Transformers...

10. Perfection...remeber that one? You would have to fit the puzzle before the time ran out...or else it would explode...

11. Connect Four

12. Big Wheels

13. Hot Wheels race track.... My dad would play with that more than us!

14. We had one game (i cant remember the name) It was a plastic tower and you would put the sticks in the holes and then fill it with marbles...Then you would try to pull the sticks out one at a time without making the marbles fall.

15. OH that reminds me of Pick-up sticks...I adored that game.

16. We loved Parker Brothers "Payday" I would always cheat because I was always the banker...heehee I would help my self to extra cash...
    Coco Magdalena made her debut Sept 2, 2006 7lbs 1oz!!!

"Daddy warned me about Men and Booze, but didn't say anything about Women and Cocaine" - Tallulah Bankhead

+ Reply to Thread