+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Favorite Toys

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar
    StarGazer this is REALLY freaky cuz I was thinking of posting this same topic earlier today :OMG

My faves were:

Fashion Plates (Funny now cuz I have NO sense of style)

Operation (That buzzer scared the crap outta me!!!)

Ms. Beasley Doll

My Barbies and Barbie Camper (Also got a Miss Piggy doll one year who had an 'affair' with Ken while Barbie was at work lol)

Wacky Packages (which were the collections we had ie Pokemon---check out their website these were really funny back then)

As kids we were pretty mischievious the street being layed with tar was quite fun too. (Dad used lighter fluid to get it off of us---that would probably be abuse by today's standards!!)

But the best was the go cart my dad made out of an old shopping cart---man that guy had an imagination, we had soooo much fun running it up and down the street (after it had been newly tarred of course)

Favorite toys? We can talk about those on a PG-13 site?
    Oh. Kids' toys? Oh! Ok. That's different. The title of this thread made me think kinky things!
    I LOVED fashion plates! Haven't thought about them in years.
    I also had Lincoln logs, one weeble-wobble, Strawberry Shortcake -- in first grade I emptied my piggy-bank for a Strawberry Shortcake sweatsuit -- the little Fisher-Price people, Barbies, Cabbage Patch kids (I was getting a bit old when those came out, same for My Little Pony and Pound Puppies).
    I also had this little doll that was a blonde plantation girl in a yellow dress, and then if you flipped her skirt over her head she became a black "mammy" type girl. Not very PC but I'll bet she's worth a lot of money now, if I could find her.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

I just remembered another one! The Sit and Spin My Mom ended up taking it away from my sister and I because we got too 'wild' on it.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer401
    I just remembered another one! The Sit and Spin My Mom ended up taking it away from my sister and I because we got too 'wild' on it.
    OK, I LOVED that too! We had two. We spent hours on those things.
    We also had this Mickey Mouse bouncy ball thing; you sat on it, and his ears were the handles, and you bounced all around.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

Thanks to Junkie Girl for mentioning one of my personal favorite: Mrs. Beasley.

Y'all sent me on a trip down memory lane via eBay to find my favorites:

And I'm surprised, but she's *baaa-ck* in circulation as a "classic" reissue: The Mattel Drowsy doll, circa 1964. I still have mine, but my older brother killed her voice box back in the 70s. This is one of those gifts my husband would earn extra points by buying me for Christmas.
    [IMG]images/img/dsc00785.jpg[/IMG]

And Zippy the monkey -- mine had an ear backwards. Would be worth something nowadays ...
    [IMG]images/img/untitled.bmp[/IMG]

I'm helping my kids discover the 'classics' for christmas. Stargazer, do you realize how many boxes of Lincoln Logs you have to buy to build an actual house? We just bought three starter packs (apx. total cost $65) to relive this memory vicariously through our son.

I remember my neice being into everything Strawberry Shortcake. My youngest loves her now. Seems strange.

Dex
    I swear I have that exact He-Man figurine, chiro! He-Man was so popular back then. I had a few others, like Skeletor, a few snakemen, rockman and a bee-man (can't remember his name). I also had Mask. Man they were so cool! And visionaries. Ah the good ol' days...

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    Bump -- I had her -- the pink w/white polka dots, pull her stringtalking doll. I thought her name was "Chatty Cathy". Oh my. My sister and I each had one -- one white, one african-american
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

Rab
    Quote Originally Posted by glennajo
    Clue! I loved that game. Me and my cousin always played that one and Battleship when we were little. You sank my battleship!!!

Hungry hungry hippos and Operation were awesome ones too. Ahh, the good old days. It makes you feel really old when you see your toys in collector shops now. If only I'd kept them.
    I love Clue too! Have you seen the newest Clue games at toy store? The artwork is hideous compared to what it was back in the mid 90's.

Guess Who? was probably the most popular game back when I was in elementary. All the students had a blast. I'd buy one but it's the holidays and I have to spend the money on others and not myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Jewelsy
    Bump -- I had her -- the pink w/white polka dots, pull her stringtalking doll. I thought her name was "Chatty Cathy". Oh my. My sister and I each had one -- one white, one african-american
    I'm with you Jewlsy - I always thought she was Chatty Cathy too. Only a few years ago while browsing on ebay I realized I was wrong ... Glad to know I'm not the only one calling Drowsy Chatty Cathy .... s

Here's Chatty Cathy:
    [IMG]images/img/58_1.jpg[/IMG]

Or see this eBay auction: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...&category=2435

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    Cool Bumpkin -- we're kin f0lk, I tell you. I honestly thought the pink w/white polka dot 'sleepy lookin' doll was the REAL Chatty Cathy. Wow.
    *feeling very nostalgic*
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

+ Reply to Thread