+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Favorite Toys

Clue! I loved that game. Me and my cousin always played that one and Battleship when we were little. You sank my battleship!!!

Hungry hungry hippos and Operation were awesome ones too. Ahh, the good old days. It makes you feel really old when you see your toys in collector shops now. If only I'd kept them.

Quote Originally Posted by glennajo
    Hungry hungry hippos and Operation were awesome ones too.
    I was out in AZ on vacation last month. Took my friends 7 year old shopping at
    Walmart and told her to pick out a toy. She took Hungry Hippos and we went back to play it. Her mom really thanked me for the "quiet" toy I bought.

Yes, I remember very well my Mom being annoyed when we played that game. Sadly, now I think I would feel the same way! Quiet toys are good toys.

A great board game, Axis and Allies:

Hours of fun, and some really awesome strategical aspects!
    "The bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of an expanding bureaucracy."
    -- Unknown

This is a great idea, bringing back a lot of fun memories. One thing that really stands out in my mind are Fashion Plates. I used to play with these for hours, not only would I make up all kinds of outfit combinations and colors, but I would also name all my models and give them little stories about their lives. It was my favorite thing to do. I found some on eBay, 1978 through 1982 are the years listed and one set is going for over $50!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...2&category=727
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last week, Japanese scientists explaced... placed explosive detonators at the bottom of Lake Loch Ness to blow Nessie out of the water. Sir Godfrey of the Nessie Alliance summoned the help of Scotland's local wizards to cast a protective spell over the lake and its local residents and all those who seek for the peaceful existence of our underwater ally. ~ Napoleon Dynamite

Quote Originally Posted by octobergirl
    This is a great idea, bringing back a lot of fun memories. One thing that really stands out in my mind are Fashion Plates. I used to play with these for hours, not only would I make up all kinds of outfit combinations and colors, but I would also name all my models and give them little stories about their lives. It was my favorite thing to do. I found some on eBay, 1978 through 1982 are the years listed and one set is going for over $50!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...2&category=727
    I have that! It's at my mom's house.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Oooh, fashion plates. I'd forgotten about those. Now that was a fun toy. I doubt today's kids would find them as amusing as we did, though.

Dude, I have one thing to say to you all: WEEBLES WOBBLE BUT THEY DON'T FALL DOWN!
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Quote Originally Posted by SnowflakeGirl
    Dude, I have one thing to say to you all: WEEBLES WOBBLE BUT THEY DON'T FALL DOWN!

Classic.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

I think my brother and I had the Treehouse, which rocked, and the Mickey Mouse playset.

I loved those freakin' little egg-shaped people!!!
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

+ Reply to Thread