+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Toys

Some of my favorites:
    1. Spyrograph, Colorforms, Sit n Spin, Candy Land, Pay Day, Smurf figurines, Big Wheel, Stickers, my Big Wheel, and Legos
    2. Viewmaster (one I had was a Happy Days set)
    3. The Mad Magazine Game (this was a board game from the magazine)
    4. I also had an miniature electronic Pac Man arcade game.
    5. I still like these games: Clue, Uno, and Scattergories

Does anyone remember the little scented Strawberry Shortcake dolls? Strawberry Shortcake smelled like, duh, strawberrys, there was blueberry muffin, lemon parfait, and I don't remember the rest. I had them all. I also had the Cabbage Patch Pets (what were they called?). I had 2 of those. And I was one of the crazy little girls who had to have a Barbie Dreamhouse.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

MRD
    I played with Barbies in the late 60's and early 70's. I had the barbie airplane, the winnebago camper and the carosel kitchen. My favorite. It was battery operated and you pressed a bottom and it would turn around so the stove was in front and it had a dishwasher, washing machine, cabinets, refrigerator. Everything had lights and made noises. LOVED that thing!
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Admittedly, I didn't read through this entire thread... I can't think of what they were called... They came with a 8 x 11 blue perforated plastic board and little colored plastic pieces that you snapped into the holes to make pictures... They had blue, red, white and yellow pieces that were rectangles, squares, triagles. I can't think of what they were called... In my family we called them "Beautifuls"

Anyone? We had them in the late 60s or early 70s...
    Ingorance killed the Cat... Curiousity was framed!

Lite Bright?
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Not light bright... No power... Similar...
    Ingorance killed the Cat... Curiousity was framed!

Does anyone remember the Slime Monster game? I got it as an adult, but before kids because it was just so weird. There was a big olive green monster (a head on long legs) that you put electric green slime into and it slowly oozed out of his mouth. The players were different colored plastic with their arms up to ward off the slime and horrified expressions on their faces. At each turn you spun an arrow to move your player and the monster. You tried to get to safety (the high school) without getting slimed on - so either you moved the monster away from yourself or toward another player.
    Count your blessings!

Brodie: I remember a game we had similar to what you described. No lights. Just colored plastic pegs that you put in a mat of holes to make pictures. But ours only had round balls. No triangles or squares. I'm trying to remember the name.

I remembered the part that goes with the plastigoop! It was a THINGMAKER! I just found out they came back and were re-done in 2002! With new goop too. The old goop doesn't work with the new machine. I recognize the plate below as part of a dragon that we used to make. I still have it downstairs in an old box!

Attachment 17129Attachment 17130Attachment 17131
    Last edited by misskitty; 06-20-2006 at 05:28 AM.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty View Post
    Oh what great memories of games and toys!

And those tiny little perfume dolls in the colored plastic bottles!

Oh, the good old days.....
    Liddle Kiddles!! Some in perfume bottles, lockets, the storybook kiddles. I had the orange perfume bottle one. I think it is still in the basement of Mom's house. Gotta go look for that one of these days.

Speaking of baby dolls.... I had the "Bless you, Baby Tenderlove". Her trick was she would sneeze and blow water out of her hose. My Mother was mortified when I showed her how my doll not only gave a sneeze a 80 year old man would have had... she blew snot out her nose too! Needless to say... she would not buy me the doll that poo'd.

Now as far as fashion dolls go, I played with Dawn Dolls. Which were exactly half the size of Barbie. How I loved my Dawn's. But they quit selling them before I even got into school.

I eventually moved onto Barbie's.... and got the "Growing Up Skipper", whose neat trick was she grew a set of boobs with a twist of an arm. Too bad all these dolls were limited to the early to mid 1970's.

I and inherited my sister's "Suzy Homemaker" oven. I never had one of the fancy Easy Bake oven's. I had big blue Suzy instead.

+ Reply to Thread