+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Toys

I was too old to be playing with toys in the 80s, but I was definitely playing with boys.(legal ones).
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

So does anyone know the toy I'm trying to find? It was sort of like etch-a-sketch except instead of it being a flat rectangle, it had a dome. It was a little smaller than the etch-a-sketch and had knobs on the front. If anyone knows what I am talking about and can remember the name of it, please post.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Spirograph was a favorite of mine too. They still make it - I got one for my nephew for Christmas. I also loved Parcheesi and still have all of the pieces to my game - I think I got it for Christmas in about 1978.

Do any of you remember Baby Alive??? It was a doll that "ate" and then (to put it nicely) "relieved itself"...... I think it also chewed and did some other bodily functions but I got this thing when I was about 5 years old and I distinctly remember being horrified by it.
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

My cousin actually had Uncle Wiggly. I also remember (and still see) Ants in the Pants, Tiddly Winks, Trouble, Hungry, Hungry Hippos (which I promptly lost almost all the marbles within about 2 weeks of getting it), Pound Puppies, Connect 4 and Clue. I actually just bought Clue not too long ago and can't wait to dig into it again if I can remember how to play.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Quote Originally Posted by nilesgirl View Post
    So does anyone know the toy I'm trying to find? It was sort of like etch-a-sketch except instead of it being a flat rectangle, it had a dome. It was a little smaller than the etch-a-sketch and had knobs on the front. If anyone knows what I am talking about and can remember the name of it, please post.
    Doodle dome.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by just1paul; 04-29-2006 at 11:24 PM.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Gabrielle, no. That looks similiar but not exactly what I was looking for. Sorry.

nilesgirl: Yes. Silly Putty. That was it! Sorry can't help you with the other toy ??? Loved my easy bake oven too.

Did anyone else have that plastic goop kit? It had metal plates that you fill with colored plastic goop and place in an open burner. It made a variety of shapes. You bake them, let them cool, peel them out and put them together. We had ones with flowers, dragons, bugs, ..... We LOVED that thing. Oh, and the SMELL.... nothing like it.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Misskitty, yep, loved those... actually the Plastigoop was what you put in there to make Creepy Crawlers, Fun Flowers, etc.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Funny thing is - we still have most of the toys mentioned in this thread! I have a Creepy Crawler set and Easy Bake oven up in the attic and DOXIE - my mom still has our Baby Alive. Freaky little thing. Made the weirdest face when she's "going". Her face changes from arm up (eating) to arm down (going). I think the arm motion actually pumped the gunk through. My teenaged kids still get silly putty and slinkies in their Easter basket and also caps which we hit with a hammer - very seldom get around to locating a gun for them. My favorite toys at the moment are a Tibetan singing bowl, a wooden frog drum, and a hexaflexagram made popular in the movie Toy Soldiers. The most popular classroom "toy" is a wooden tictactoe game and chess. Does anyone remember the edible goop for Creepy Crawlers? That stuff was nasty!
    Count your blessings!

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by nilesgirl View Post
    My cousin actually had Uncle Wiggly. I also remember (and still see) Ants in the Pants, Tiddly Winks, Trouble, Hungry, Hungry Hippos (which I promptly lost almost all the marbles within about 2 weeks of getting it), Pound Puppies, Connect 4 and Clue. I actually just bought Clue not too long ago and can't wait to dig into it again if I can remember how to play.
    Loved Clue, but my daughter had hungry hungry hippos. That game somehow ended up at my parents and my dad, bless his soul would play endless games of that with her. But he always played tons of games and cards with me growing up too.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread