+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Toys

Sorry, but give me the Super Nintendo over the N64 or Playstation any day. I tried to play this first person shooter at a friends house a few weeks ago on her X-Box and I gave up after 5 minutes of playing. The controls are far more complicated than they need to be. It's not like we're playing games in 12 dimensions or something. God.. I never thought I'd feel old.. but playing on the X-Box makes me feel ancient.. and I'm only 23.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt64

Sorry, but give me the Super Nintendo over the N64 or Playstation any day. I tried to play this first person shooter at a friends house a few weeks ago on her X-Box and I gave up after 5 minutes of playing. The controls are far more complicated than they need to be. It's not like we're playing games in 12 dimensions or something. God.. I never thought I'd feel old.. but playing on the X-Box makes me feel ancient.. and I'm only 23.
    Makes me feel even more ancient at 30. What I don't get is what is with practically needing a PhD to beat some games? I remember Super Mario having warp worlds and such, but now games have secret levels and things that you have to actually read a book to figure out. And I swear some of the graphics on the games actually make me dizzy. I love my old games. I justify keeping them by calling them "collectors items."

Quote Originally Posted by scarlett530
    Makes me feel even more ancient at 30. What I don't get is what is with practically needing a PhD to beat some games? I remember Super Mario having warp worlds and such, but now games have secret levels and things that you have to actually read a book to figure out. And I swear some of the graphics on the games actually make me dizzy. I love my old games. I justify keeping them by calling them "collectors items."
    No, I totally agree. I'm not a stupid person, by any stretch of the imagination.. but games these days feel like work rather than entertainment. I'm all for creating adult oriented games, but these games have become so complicated that it is actually NOT POSSIBLE to figure the thing out without buying hint guides, or looking for clues on the internet.. or spending your life playing the game. My friend bought Myst 3.. I don't remember the full title.. and she doesn't have access to the internet, and I do.. so she used to call me at all hours of the day/night asking me to search for a hint for her on the net. I hate the game, and I wasn't even playing it.

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion

You kids and your new-fangled toys. Takes me back to a game called "Pong". It was invented when I was in high school. It was simple (seemed so hard at the time), it was slow (seemed fast at the time). We had to travel five miles in the snow to play it since there was only one in the town, and yes, we were lucky to have it!

Lean mean speedin machine AR Boy's Avatar
    Toy cars (My most favourite toy of all time... I even still have some to look at... some of them have appriciated as well)
    Lego
    Pokemon
    Monopoly
    Hotel (board game)
    Gameboy
    Video game consoles (I still have older ones such as the Saturn and Playstation-THEY ACTUALLY WORK!!!! However, I also have more modern systems at home such as the PS2, Dreamcast and X box)

Man... too many toys when I was younger. I can't remember them all. Sometimes I just want to be a child again merely for having more free time and being entertained easily with my own imagination and toys...
    READ THE ALL NEW AMAZING [STORY]RACE! (CLICK)
    "Good Morning Super Nintendo Chalmers!"-Ralph Wiggum, The Simpsons.

Lean mean speedin machine AR Boy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt64

Yea some games have become more complicated over the years. Although that's a real (female dog), It helps your coordination, accuracy and alertness. I have to play an hour a day to help my alertness- If you read my multi jobbing rants, you'll know that driving a 16 seat bus from time to time without consecutive stops, you must be very sharp/alert.
    READ THE ALL NEW AMAZING [STORY]RACE! (CLICK)
    "Good Morning Super Nintendo Chalmers!"-Ralph Wiggum, The Simpsons.

OK...I forgot to include one of my favorite toys on the list:

How could I forget my Bionic Woman doll!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by applesauce
    OK...I forgot to include one of my favorite toys on the list:
    How could I forget my Bionic Woman doll!
    Ohhhh I threw such a fit to have the Bionic Woman doll! She made that clicking sound when you turned her head! I do recall getting that creepy Farah Fawcett doll... as a gift. (The one that was the same size of Cher)

I really only liked my Dawn Dolls the best... (they were half the size of Barbie) and was heart broken when they were suddenly gone from the toy shelf.

I recall alot of weird games when I was little... Cooties, Ants in the Pants... Don't spill the beans... and that one with ice cubes and mallets. Got older and Uno became our game of choice. We were vicious card players!

Quote Originally Posted by gaby
    Ohhhh I threw such a fit to have the Bionic Woman doll! She made that clicking sound when you turned her head! I do recall getting that creepy Farah Fawcett doll... as a gift. (The one that was the same size of Cher)

I really only liked my Dawn Dolls the best... (they were half the size of Barbie) and was heart broken when they were suddenly gone from the toy shelf. )

I had the Dawn Dolls too! I loved them!

Fort Member
    Belfastgirl
    We used to play that in Australia too only it wasnt called Kerbie we called it Gutterball.
    Does anyone remember Chrissie Dolls? They had hair that you pulled out from the top of the head so they could have long or short hair. I had a giggle doll too. You pushed her arms together and she would giggle and her eyes would close and her head wobble from side to side. I loved my giggle doll I still have her but her giggle is broke and her head keeps falling off but she is over 30 years old. Lost my chrissie doll long time ago

+ Reply to Thread