+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Toys

I loved my Barbies. I also had a Chatty Cathy doll and a Pebbles doll. I was a girly-girl - encouraged by my parents as I had four brothers.
    Well I was born in a small town
    And I can breathe in a small town
    Gonna die in this small town
    And that's prob'ly where they'll bury me

Ahh, Stickers. I had millions! I finnally got around to throwing all of those out.
    We used to have "Wacky Packs" , They were stickers that came like Baseball cards... In fact I think they came with a piece of gum... They were EVERYWHERE... I remember having them on all my books... In fact, I think it got to the point where my school banned them...

Anyone else remember them?
    Ingorance killed the Cat... Curiousity was framed!

Quote Originally Posted by Brodie
    We used to have "Wacky Packs" , They were stickers that came like Baseball cards... In fact I think they came with a piece of gum... They were EVERYWHERE... I remember having them on all my books... In fact, I think it got to the point where my school banned them...

Anyone else remember them?
    Yup.. I remember Wacky Packs..

Quote Originally Posted by pinkieparrot
    And Tamagotchis? I was all over them. I had 4! The funny thing is I took them to Hawaii with us on vacation. I thought my 3 tamagotchis were getting lonely so I bought another one in the Hawaii airport. And then when I went to the beach, I left my mom to take care of them. Of course, she went to get a pina colada and go on the beach for a few hours and they died! All 4 of them! I wouldn't speak to her for the rest of the vacation. I loved those tamagotchis... I even brought them to school with me until the principal outlawed them.
    TAMAGOTCHIS!!!! I would beg and beg and beg my parents to let me get one. Then my neighbor gave me a Tamagotchi. And I lost it....or so my parents tell me. I was mad for days.
    Gustav Holst was right!

Up Where They Belong SurvivorGirl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt64
    Tamigotchi, Pogs, Magic Cards (anyone remember those things?) were all big as well, but I never got into any of them.
    OOOH!!! MAGIC CARDS!!! I used to play them with my dad a lot. We still have a big collection of decks and booster packs.

I loved Tamagatchis too. But they never lasted past a few days.

Quote Originally Posted by applesauce

Tetherball...my dad had built one into our backyard. I really loved it.

Riding my bike.

Those are right up my alley applesauce! I had a tetherball set in my backyard as well and used to play for hours and hours on end with my friends. We'd be all bruised and banged up from hitting the ball at each other so hard, but it was great!

My bike as well...I don't know that I loved anything more than my bikes as a kid! Gosh we rode EVERYWHERE then EVERY day!

Our family played Badminton and Croquet, as well as softball. With six kids and many cousins there was always enough for teams.
    Well I was born in a small town
    And I can breathe in a small town
    Gonna die in this small town
    And that's prob'ly where they'll bury me

I played a lot of Tetherball in my day too... Mostly at school... We tried to set it up at home, but never had a good enough pole... At school they had the heavy duty pole...

I played a lot of 4 square in my time too... Do kids still play that?
    Ingorance killed the Cat... Curiousity was framed!

Toys are awesome! I had like 2 or 3 toy boxes full of toys and barbies and everything!

Some favorites were:

Giga Pets- I had like 3 or 4

Trouble-That game was always fun for me.

Guess Who- My daddy would play that with me for hours! I loved it!

My Barbies-I always LOVED my Barbies.. I wish I had the Elvis one..
    ~*Tennessee Sweetheart*~

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Brodie
    I played a lot of Tetherball in my day too... Mostly at school... We tried to set it up at home, but never had a good enough pole... At school they had the heavy duty pole...

I played a lot of 4 square in my time too... Do kids still play that?
    Oh wow, we used to have tetherball championships during recess after lunch. The home tetherball set up never worked all that great for us either. 4 square! So much fun! We also used to play a ball game called "SPUD."

One of biggest nostalgia kicks is my video game collection. Namely, the Atari, NES, and Super Nintendo that I still own. Playing those games bring me right smack dab back in the middle of my childhood. We were one of the lucky "Cool" families that had an Atari system in the neighborhood. I remember days after school with several neighborhood kids piled up in the living room, playing marathon rounds of Pacman and Frogger. My kids like them, too, especially my daughter, who adores Super Mario. I set up the Atari system one day for the kids, on a lark, to see what they would say. My son asked me, "What happens when you beat the game? Are there secret levels?" *Sigh* As much as I love my Playstation 2, I find that you practically need a course on how to operate the new controllers. I grew up with the one joystick, one fire button concept. Kids today must have hand-eye coordination like nobody's business. Has anyone else ever tried to play a game with the child coaching, "No, mom, you have to press the x button while holding the back button on the controller and then tap the R1 button and then hit the square?"

+ Reply to Thread