+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Toys

Quote Originally Posted by Daddio
    The one thing I remember about Tamagotchis was that, during their heyday, no matter where you went - all you heard was beep, beep, bleep, beep, beep, beep, bleep.

There was undoubtedly a conspiracy sent in motion - by people with ears - to outlaw their manufacture.
    Those beeps caused many schools to close because they were thought to be bombs

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Daddio
    The one thing I remember about Tamagotchis was that, during their heyday, no matter where you went - all you heard was beep, beep, bleep, beep, beep, beep, bleep.

Hmmm...sounds like the forefather of the cell phones - which I think should be banned in classes anyway. Put them next to the Tamagotchis.

Oh I loved my Barbies and dolls that had their bottles that I had to "feed them." Ha!
    I have learned that gifts don't always come wrapped and treasures aren't always buried.
    - Bob Perks

I love chess...

Wow, reading through this thread has brought back a lot of memories.

Attached are some of my favorite toys growing up:

Barbie Camper...notice this was before the fancy motor home.

Mousetrap game

Tetherball...my dad had built one into our backyard. I really loved it.

Riding my bike.

Hot Wheels...I really preferred the original orange track to the cheap track they have now.

Some of my other favorite not pictured are legos, lincoln logs, viewmaster, and baby alive.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I wont say what the first thing that popped into my head was when I saw the title of this thread..

Oooh.. Paulie.. I loved Shrinky Dinks. I had Smurf Shrinky Dinks. I totally forgot about them until I saw your post.. and even then I had to read the entire paragraph to remember what they were.

Creepy Crawlers were pretty cool too. I made tonnes!

Fashion Plates.. god.. I wonder how my mother didn't figure out I was a homo. I was obsessed with Fashion Plates!

Someone mentioned the Snoopy Snow Cone Machine. My friend had one and I was SOOOOOOOO envious! I wanted one soooooo bad.

I used to have a HUGE sticker collection. Collecting stickers was HUGE in my elementary school. I still remember my favorite sticker. It was an oily sticker in the shape of a little gremlin-like thing.. I loved my oilys. They were the most prized stickers in school. Oilys, fuzzies, scratch n' sniff.. I wonder what ever happened to my sticker books.

Tamigotchi, Pogs, Magic Cards (anyone remember those things?) were all big as well, but I never got into any of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt64
    I wont say what the first thing that popped into my head was when I saw the title of this thread..

Favourite Toys... I never was the Barbie'ish sort of girl when I was small Play DOugh I think was cool, and I still think so too (nowadays, they got so many different things for PLay DOugh,...but nowadays they also cost a bomb). Lego's.. were fun. Umm....Toys... My gameboy... that's about it..

This may just be an Ulster game but you can let me know.

As a child we played a game called Kerbie.
    You had to stand on the pavement and throw a ball to hit the opposite kerb and then catch it when it bounced back. Then the other player on the opposite side of the street had his turn. We scored it first to 20 points I think. I lived in a very quiet street, you had to watch out for traffic. I still see some kids playing it today, but it's probably a sign of the times that the local kids play in their gardens more than in the local park. Sad really.

I do not get a single thing of what you're talking about

I used to have a HUGE sticker collection. Collecting stickers was HUGE in my elementary school. I still remember my favorite sticker. It was an oily sticker in the shape of a little gremlin-like thing.. I loved my oilys. They were the most prized stickers in school. Oilys, fuzzies, scratch n' sniff.. I wonder what ever happened to my sticker books.
    Ahh, Stickers. I had millions! I finnally got around to throwing all of those out.

+ Reply to Thread