+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Favorite Toys

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    This is the best! I'm feeling so nostalgic.

My very favorites were Liddle Kiddles (from the 60s, not the new ones) - and the carry-case which opened up to be a house for them.

Many hours and reems of paper with Spirograph.

Creepy Crawlers (and the marketing spin-offs) - I was actually thinking about these the other day. I can't believe how dangerous these things were. I believe the molds were made of lead, the plati-goop was cooked over an open heating element, we used tongs to put the mold into cool water. No parental supervision. Yikes.

I still have my original mint-condition Mrs. Beesley prominently displayed. I really loved her. I also had a chatty Cathy doll. My brothers hated it and I'm not exactly sure where she ended up - not sure I want to know!

Board games: Clue, Candy Land (I used to make my dad play for hours on end. I gotta give the guy credit for his patience). Does anyone remember Masterpiece? Not all that popular, but lots of fun. And I did break the glass of the Etch-A-Sketch to see how it worked.

Barbie was "born" the same year as me ('59) - so I was right in the middle of that whole craze. I had them all - PJ, Midge, you know, the originals. Never had a Skipper. I also had an original Ken. I did save the Barbie stuff with all the '60s go-go wear and such.

Okay, time to head to ebay.

And I did break the glass of the Etch-A-Sketch to see how it worked.
    Oh man... I can picture grey powdery Etch-A-Sketch stuff! We had it all over EVERYTHING!
    Ingorance killed the Cat... Curiousity was framed!

Jay
    Quote Originally Posted by hollywoodbarbie
    I had a whole collection of miniature animals from Red Rose tea - you Canadians might remember these, they were only available in Canada .. what a pity
    Yes, I remember these! I'm trying to remember what else did Red Rose offer? I recall little cards (of flowers or animals??) that were included with the tea.

Care Bears - i used to love them. I even remember going to see the movie.
    My little Ponies - i had 2 of them
    fashion plates & spirograph- hours of endless fun
    I loved barbies
    Games like Connect 4, operation,frustration & Guess who?
    MY brother was very "into" the He-man and "A" Team thing

Dex
    Ah... He-Man action figures for me. And Mask and their transformable vehicles. They were really cool
    Bollocks to your pompous hiney! -makerc

Quote Originally Posted by HomerRules
    Yes, I remember these! I'm trying to remember what else did Red Rose offer? I recall little cards (of flowers or animals??) that were included with the tea.
    they had mini teapots too
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Etch-A-Sketch

What a great thread to read. When I was young I played with these little dolls called Little Kiddles. I also loved a doll called Cheerful Tearful. I once got a gyroscope for Christmas and thought that was so cool. My girlfriends and I used to play a great game called Mystery Date!!!!

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by joyousone58
    What a great thread to read. When I was young I played with these little dolls called Little Kiddles. I also loved a doll called Cheerful Tearful. I once got a gyroscope for Christmas and thought that was so cool. My girlfriends and I used to play a great game called Mystery Date!!!!

Aren't LIDDLE KIDDLES the best! I have one left - it's in my cedar chest. (she was the nurse doll)

And I forgot about Mystery Date, but I don't know how, we played it for hours and hours. I should have known then I'd be stuck with Duds for life.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkieparrot
    And Tamagotchis? I was all over them. I had 4! The funny thing is I took them to Hawaii with us on vacation. I thought my 3 tamagotchis were getting lonely so I bought another one in the Hawaii airport. And then when I went to the beach, I left my mom to take care of them. Of course, she went to get a pina colada and go on the beach for a few hours and they died! All 4 of them! I wouldn't speak to her for the rest of the vacation. I loved those tamagotchis... I even brought them to school with me until the principal outlawed them.

[/IMG]
    The one thing I remember about Tamagotchis was that, during their heyday, no matter where you went - all you heard was beep, beep, bleep, beep, beep, beep, bleep.

There was undoubtedly a conspiracy sent in motion - by people with ears - to outlaw their manufacture.

+ Reply to Thread