+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Birthday threads

Personally, I'm thrilled that Leo does the birthday threads and that someone remembers every single day. I'd hate for any member to not get a birthday wish here or be left out. Thanks to him, that rarely happens.

I can understand if you're new and you don't the members, why would you want to wish a stranger a happy birthday? I think everyone is entitled to get a happy birthday greeting and I'm damn glad we have someone like Leo and Eldee (who sometimes does them too) that is considerate enough to do it.

So rather than add a bunch of I want to thank Leo in particular for posting them.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

can i have your heart? unexplained's Avatar
    I was so excited to see my birthday thread on the Fort to see if I got any birthday posts. So, I'm supporting the birthday threads.

Nice job done Leo!
    You select the person you want to be with, and then you let that person have the opportunity to select you. -Shayla

"The mind is its own place, and in it, self can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n." -John Milton, Paradise Lost.

It being my birthday, I am especially appreciative today of Leo and others who do the birthday threads. thanks, guys!
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

I think it's great of Leo to take the time out to post them for everyone (Go Leo ) I don't always go in but it's there for anyone to post good wishes. As for wasted space.....geez we've had much dumber threads started.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

Nerds Just Wanna Have Fun Boredom's Avatar
    Remembering back to the days when I did the birthday thread, I think that the Birthday thread is really much more of an optional thing to pay attention to. If you don't like it, then don't pay any attention to it. IMO, they're a good way to congratulate someone, but my opinon isn't yours, so just ignore them.

I enjoy wishing members a happy birthday, too, although, lately I've been slacking off.

A great big Thanks to Leo for taking the time to start one every day, and also to Miss F, Eldee, and anyone else who has taken the time to start one.

Quote Originally Posted by chirospasm
    Okay, I almost didn't post, but I wanted to say that my entire family forgot my 22nd birthday. No one wished me happy birthday until about 10pm that night when my best friend called. It would have been nice to have had a FORT birthday wish then (I don't think FORT was around then )

I think the threads are nice Leo
    Chiro! Happy belated birthday! August 27th! Woo hoo!

I'll just everyone else and say I love that FORT actually CARES when it's someone's birthday, and that so many sweet, sweet, lovable people join in to wish Happy Birthday's to everyone.

It goes a long way to show that the FORT definitely does not ignore people.

And I have totally sucked rocks with participating in the b-day threads, and made at least five resolutions to participate every day, which I didn't follow through with. That and the introduction threads. *puts hand on important book* I promise (myself) that I'll participate more.
    "If you're like me, you have a 'been there, done that' attitude when it comes to paleolithic paleontology." - Jon Stewart

"I swear, you are the ho-ho ho." - OTS

Leo
    Premium Member
    Just before anyone starts getting any crazy ideas, the only reason I didn't post yesterday's birthday thread was because our phone line went dead for no good reason.

And thanks to everyone who's shown appreciation for the thread. It's nice to see that something which doesn't really require a lot of effort on my part is so important. Your thanks are much appreciated.

Don't want to argue, just want to say I LOVE the birthday thread, it was great getting so many wishes on my birthday and I love sending wishes out to my fellow FORTers too!!!

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    [B]I like the BD thread. It's fun to see my name in lights. Okay, in print. And btw, Chiro - we are both Virgos. Got figger. [B]

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast