+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Holiday Blues?

Holiday Blues?

Was wondering if anyone gets the holiday blue this time of the year.

My hair business is down, and I`m out searching for a new job, with no results.

So, I`m really down, depressed and completely Blah.

Any suggestions on ways to cheer up?

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    Awww Jilly -- don't be sad. Things will pick up - you know they will.

You can join us at the 'Christmas Party' thread That always seems to pick me up
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

, Jilli! If I were in Indiana I'd get you to do my hair

ETA: I'm borrowing this from sheela in the party thread. It made me laugh so hard I cried, hope it helps you!

If God is a DJ--life is a dance floor
    Click here to team up with FansOfRealityTV to help fight cancer!
    Watashi wa, sekai wo kaeru.

Oh man!! LOL that is too cute!!

I suffer with the holiday blues myslef Jilli, last year I managed to scare the dickens out of some of my friends cause I was so down, just couldn't shake the funk. This year I'm staying so busy that I can't even think about it...that's the only way for me to avoid them. I've written cards, decorated my apartment, cleaned cleaned cleaned, and tried to spend extra time with my family and friends, basically just go and go each day till I'm ready to dorp and then I can't think about too much. Sorry to hear you have the funk hun, I know how bad it sucks. Hopefully that fairy of joy above will atleast get you smiling for a bit, I know she got a good laugh out of me.

Jillibean, sorry you're down. But it could be a serious thing; more people commit suicide around the holidays than any other time. I'm not trying to bring you down more, just saying that if you really can't shake it, you should take this seriously. There's also this thing called seasonal affective disorder (or something like that) where people get depressed in the winter when there's less sun.
    So hang tight -- no matter how bad the holidays may seem, they'll be over in less than a month. And if you get lonely, come talk to us. Seriously.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

FORT Fogey
    Jilli is your business down because of the Holidays? Or in general?

Jilibean, I wish you were here - I need a haircut! And I bet business goes down because like me everyone's too busy rushing around to get to the hairdresser!

I understand about holiday blahs. Maybe you should go see that Bad Santa movie to jolt you out of it.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Quote Originally Posted by libra1022
    I suffer with the holiday blues myslef Jilli, last year I managed to scare the dickens out of some of my friends cause I was so down, just couldn't shake the funk. This year I'm staying so busy that I can't even think about it...that's the only way for me to avoid them.
    I've been in the same situation for the last 3 years libra and Jilli. I find myself needing to stay very busy so I don't have time to get down and mopey. I hit about this time of year and hope I don't get sad but I do. (the reason I do, is Dec 25, 2000 was the due date for my thrid pregnancy that ended in a miscarriage. Nothing like having a major holiday to remind you of things like that) But keeping busy and focused on the kids I do have helps a lot.

Good luck Jilli, it is a lousy time of year to be short of money, hope you can find some type of job.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

Spiderman 2 - June 30 audiomaster's Avatar
    Jilly, cheer up. Always look on the bright side of life. Do try to do something more that you like now that you have free time. Ask your friends, family and relatives to see if they can help. There's no way to go when you reach rock bottom but up.

Hope things pick up for you Jilli, I wish you the best! Try not to get too depressed, you only have 1 life to live, enjoy it to the fullest!! Goodluck!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast