+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Holiday Blues?

Quote Originally Posted by Jillibean
    I think I may have that too. Don`t know tho, but I get blue when it`s darker, or more so, in the winter. Maybe I should put a sunlamp on my Christmas list!! I`ve heard it called Bipolar, but don`t know if they use that term anymore.
    The change in mood with the seasons is called Seasonal Affect Disorder or SAD for short. Bipolar Disorder is what used to be called Manic Depressive Disorder and the person's mood will swing from mania to depression. While SAD is annoying and hard on people it can be treated with light and some other changes in lifestyle. Bipolar Disorder can be very mild to very serious and usually needs to be treated with medication.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

MIA, RIP, or Busy...
    A BIG for everyone feeling blue this season.

Light is a good idea for the blues. You might have higher electrical bills, but turn on all the lights in your house during these shorter daylight times and it really helps your spirit. Light some candles, play your favorite music, read a good book.

Good tidings to you all.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234