+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Holiday Blues?

MIA, RIP, or Busy...
    Jilli-Sorry to hear you are down in the dumps at this time of year. Some things I would suggest that may lift your spirits, especially if you have some free time on your hands....volunteer at a homeless shelter, abused women's or a child protective shelter, heck even a retirement home. I've done this a few times and I guarantee that no matter how bad you might feel, somehow this lifts you up (especially to know that not only are you helping someone else in need, but it brings things into perspective in your own life somehow). Even it is something as simple as spending an hour talking to someone that doesn't have a family, it makes a huge difference in their lives as well as your own.

Good luck! Just know you have a FORT family to come to as well!

Quote Originally Posted by firegirl
    Jilli is your business down because of the Holidays? Or in general?

The business is down, because of #1. Economy bad, and my ladies aren`t getting their hair colored and extras much anymore.

Plus, 90% of my business was male clients, and since switching to a place called the Cameo, with the other stylists working on elderly ladies. i think they feel out of touch, and are going to the walk in places.

But thanks for the suggestions and making me laugh with the fairy. that helped a lot.

And GOOD NEWS!!I just got called back from a neighborhood shop, and it`s the one i wanted. They`re really busy. It`s a nice male oriented shop. (neutral) Lots of walkins, so i don`t have the pressure of feeling like I have to start all over, since I`ve been doing hair for 25 years.

It gave me the kick start with my attitude that I`ve needed and have been missing in myself.

Now, i know I can build clientelle quickly, because I`m a people person. (As long as my attitude is better) I`m experienced and confident(When my attitude is better) So, in a matter of minutes I went from down on myself to feeling so-o much better. Thanks you guys for the help. That`s why I love coming over here. I feel as if you`re all my great girlfriends. Alright,..........John`s neat too. Just not a girlfriend :rolleyes

Wish me luck. Interview at 2:30. But Manager seemed really excited I was still interested, because of my years of experience.

And i know, if i could bring you all aboard. To do all your hair. I`d be constantly busy and I feel as if i know you already.

Jillibean! Good luck in the interview. We sent all the good karma your way that we could.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

Good luck Jilli! We'll be rooting for you!
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Jilly I did a little editing...... you didn't need cheering up, you have everything you needed
    Good Luck - I hope you get the job and make it your own. The holidays always look a little brighter with a pocket full of coin and a boost in 'tude. I can't wait to hear how you made out
    Quote Originally Posted by Jillibean
    GOOD NEWS!!I just got called back from a neighborhood shop, and it`s the one i wanted. They`re really busy. Lots of walkins, so i don`t have the pressure of feeling like I have to start all over
    It gave me the kick start with my attitude that I`ve needed and have been missing in myself.Now, i know I can build clientelle quickly, because I`m a people person. I`m experienced and confident.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

I absolutely loathe all holidays.

Spiderman 2 - June 30 audiomaster's Avatar
    Good luck, Jillibean ! Come back and tell us all the news !

Jillibean, sorry to hear about your holiday blues & let me just say that you're not alone in experiencing those.

I get really depressed around Christmas too... I'm really far away from my family (They are in Norway & I'm here ) I haven't seen them in 5 years & although I'm fine with that most of the time (I mean I LOVE living here!), around Christmas it gets really rough. I can not listen to any Norwegian Christmas songs at all still (I've been here for almost 6 years now) because they remind me too much of home & my mind always goes home to my family & to our Christmas traditions...
    On Christmas I'm the worst cause I'll be looking at the clock going "oh it's 5pm they'll be watching the traditional Christmas shows on TV" and "oh it's 7pm they're eating Christmas dinner" And "oh it's 10pm they'll be opening presents now" ....

So I know about the Christmas blues, me and it are old pals. Needless to say I hate the song "I'll be home from Christmas" ... lol.

But I have a good husband here that I love & if I could go back I would'nt change a thing... but Christmas is still rough & is no longer my favorite part of the year, although it gets a little easier for each year
    "He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how."

Maybe all of us who can't be home for Christmas can meet here? I was all set to go home in two weeks but some "things" came up and I'll be having chinese food in my sweats on my couch this Christmas. Sure would be cool to share happy holidays with some Fortie's. I'll be here.

Jillibean...hope everything works out. If you're ever near the Cape, let me know and I'll swing by for a cut.

Wyndemere and Speedbump, that's sad you can't make it home to your families for Christmas. I have had to do some contortions in years past to get out of work to go home, but I've always made it and it would really upset me not to be able to. So while I won't be around the Fort on Christmas, I'll be thinking about you guys. Hope you find a place to spend the holidays.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast