+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Pizza toppings

My wife and I had Pizza during our luch today. Pineapple, Pepperoni, and Canadian Bacon. Its OK, and the pinapples was not particularly sweet (thankfully).

But to be honest, I am more of a purist when it comes to Pizza. You see, I grew up in NYC, back in the days of the Pizza wars. Minimal is great.
    "The purpose of the new capitalism is to shoot the wounded." ~ Andy Grove, Chairman, Intel Corporation

All Around the World

Whenever I want to stop the conversation among real-life friends during a conversation about pizza, I simply bring up the pizza I ate in England. Get ready for it: corn and tomato. Not tomato sauce, but tomato slices. The first time I saw that, I asked the buffet waitress: "Oh, DAY-YUM. You're kidding me, right? You're having one at the Americans' expense?" Apparently, they weren't joking. It wasn't Fear Factor scary, but still scary, but after one bite, it's not as bad as you might think.

A pleasant surprise was the "pizza" at the Italian train station. There I am, 8 am, starving, after an all-night train ride, and we stop in this podunk station in the middle of nowhere. I stop in the train station cafe for a bite to eat and a Coke. All they really have is pizza that's been sitting in the display case. And it looks like dough, light sauce, light cheese. I grudgingly buy and eat it, but let me tell you: First bite? Ambrosia, baby.

Finally, I'd be remiss if I didn't get a shout-out to my homies at Woodstock Pizza in San Diego--still the bar none best pizza I have had in the continental United States.

Oh, and I'm a pepperoni and mushrooms guy when I'm not globe-trotting.
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

Never had corn but I have had tomato slices. I have to agree, they aren't too bad.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Quote Originally Posted by phat32
    Finally, I'd be remiss if I didn't get a shout-out to my homies at Woodstock Pizza in San Diego.
    I wonder if it's the same Woodstock's that's in Corvallis, OR and Tracy, CA. We used to order it 3 or 4 nights a week in college and get up at noon on Sunday and walk over there. I love their whole wheat crust. I just had an opportunity to go back there a few months ago, and it was as good as I remembered. OK, so Corvallis is only about 40 minutes away, but we're usually just driving through on our way to the coast, not there at mealtime.
    One by one, the penguins are stealing my sanity

CurvesForum

Papa Ceo here in Toronto makes great pizza!

I like pesto for base. My favourite toppings are slices of prosciutto, tomato, artichoke, porcini, and eggplant. Not necessarily all together, of course. Oh, and mozzarella w/ parmigiano for the cheese.

Get ready for it: corn and tomato
    Never had corn
    Corn ain't no biggie. The Japanese are wild for it over their pizzas. Mind, they're also the people who do omelettes with Thousand Island dressing and/or mayonnaise.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456