+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Neat image

FORT Fogey
    Where do you go to see other ones?

Yeah you have two IP's, your private or LAN IP which usually looks like this: 192.168.x.x, and your public or WAN IP which can vary. If your router forwards specific ports to your LAN IP, then you're at risk (however small), and your specific computer can be targetted, but since I'm sure your husband knows what he's doing you won't have any problems
    "The bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of an expanding bureaucracy."
    -- Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Zaius
    Yeah you have two IP's, your private or LAN IP which usually looks like this: 192.168.x.x, and your public or WAN IP which can vary. If your router forwards specific ports to your LAN IP, then you're at risk (however small), and your specific computer can be targetted, but since I'm sure your husband knows what he's doing you won't have any problems

Exactly. You were completely right to warn people about the fact that for most people out there, IP's are out there for anyone to see.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

FORT Fogey
    Is there a link?

I'm sorry FG, I'm not sure I understand what you're asking for.
    -- Unknown

FORT Fogey
    Well I can see that little sign in the post john started with, but then other people are talking about seeing other signs or that it refreshes and changes. Where does it do that?

Oh ok. Well the sign John posted is actually not a unique picture. It's a different one for everybody else. The numbers you'll see on it are different than the ones that I will see, even though John is linking to the same picture! It's actually a neat little trick. So everybody here is just talking about seeing different versions of that one picture. Just keep refreshing the first page of this thread to start seeing little guys holding the sign up like a troll or a mouse etc...

ETA: Oh BTW SG sorry, looking over my latest post It looks like I might mean to say that your husband would be the only one knowing how to set up your network, but you obviously know exactly what's going on. Sorry if I made it seem that way.
    Last edited by Zaius; 12-08-2003 at 01:34 AM.
    -- Unknown

FORT Fogey
    So the info on the sign is MY info?

Yup!
    -- Unknown

FORT Fogey
    Uh!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast