+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: What's the worse job you've ever had?

What's the worse job you've ever had?

I came across this site today and found it really funny. There are stories of people's worse job experiences, and quite frankly....I found myself staring out the window and being thankful that I didn't have their problems. So I thought I'd offer up the link for everyone to read if you'd like, and hopefully we can all share in the misery of THE WORSE JOB YOU'VE EVER HAD.

Sweatshopnews.com

I've had so many bad jobs it is honestly really hard to determine WHICH is the worse. BUT, I'll admit only ONE right now.......I once worked at an adult bookstore that was fully stocked with toys/videos/peep booths/movie theatre. Oh..and just to make it even worse, there was a bar next door.
    ETI: FYI everyone...when you go into an adult bookstore, no matter WHAT you're buying... if you use the excuse "It's for a bridal party"...or any party that you're giving away the 10' vibrating g-spot dildo @ $199.99... NOBODY believes you, and you're laughed at when you leave.
    Last edited by Maveno; 12-05-2003 at 07:10 PM.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

I've never had any awful jobs, though I've had some I disliked personally.

I worked at a factory where business was so slow that I pushed a broom for 2 weeks solid, before I quit. Does that count?

Now that counts! Who'd wanna do that for TWO weeks solid?!
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

I worked for a veterinarian for two days that had such a bad temper that everyone cringed. He'd yell at me and I honestly felt like I was going to wet my pants! He wanted to take phone calls while performing surgery on animals!

Couldn't take it, quit, and went to work for a Chiropractor. Years later a different woman started working for this Chiropractor, and it turns out that she had worked for the vet for years and enjoyed it! Ack! She and said Chiropractor are getting married Jan 1.
    One by one, the penguins are stealing my sanity

CurvesForum

Quote Originally Posted by Maveno
    ETI: FYI everyone...when you go into an adult bookstore, no matter WHAT you're buying... if you use the excuse "It's for a bridal party"...or any party that you're giving away the 10' vibrating g-spot dildo @ $199.99... NOBODY believes you, and you're laughed at when you leave.

The worst job I ever had, I had for one day. I went to work for a construction company and there was a girl there that was crying and throwing a fit most of the day. She kept going in to my bosses office slamming the door, she even grabbed her keys and left once, only to return an hour later. Everyone was on pins and needles. I couldn't figure it out.

At the end of the day, my boss came to me and said that she was going to move me into the position of the girl (she was a receptionist, I was hired as a Payroll Coordinator) that was crying because she had been there for a long time and she was real upset that they had hired me because she felt she deserved my job, and that they were going to give her the chance. I told them she could have my job, that I didn't want to be the receptionist, and could I have my check? I left. I didn't want to work for a wishy-washy company like that.

Spiderman 2 - June 30 audiomaster's Avatar
    I used to work for this drink shop, and I was the only new recruit. And the place does not have alot of customers. So the store manager would busy me out with all the cleaning to do. And while they relax and talk about music and war games. I was so irritated and sick. So I decided to quit, secretly too. I only went for work for 2 days. On the third day that I was supposed to go for work, I just did not turn up and I never on my phone. From then on, that stupid asses and that stupid shop are history.

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Are these "paying" jobs? Cuz that community service crap sure sucks. And no that wasn't me in the orange jumpsuit at the side of the road. I was the one in the orange jumpsuit mopping the floors of the city/county building.

My first job...I worked the make-up table at a fast food restaurant. I hated that place and won't eat there to this day.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

Maybe we should chug on over to namby pamby land where we can find some self confidence for you, you jackwagon!

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by dagwood
    My first job...I worked the make-up table at a fast food restaurant. I hated that place and won't eat there to this day.

Aren't you my SLC neighbor? What's a make-up table?

Quote Originally Posted by JDHeninger
    Aren't you my SLC neighbor? What's a make-up table?
    Yes I am your SLC neighbor.

The make-up table was the area in which I put ketchup, mustard, etc on hamburgers. I worked at Maddox Drive-in in Perry.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

Maybe we should chug on over to namby pamby land where we can find some self confidence for you, you jackwagon!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast