+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What's the worse job you've ever had?

Quote Originally Posted by Ilikai
    When I was about 20 I answered a job for a marketing rep. It was selling encyclopedias door to door, on commision. You want to talk about a job that sucked!!! I lasted about 3 months and finall quit. First time my father was glad I quit a job. Worked from 12 noon and got back home around midnight.
    I know what thats like. when i did my door to door thing, it was like 7-7. I lasted a month. all commission. all cash.

the fact that it was all cash was the only GOOD thing about it.
    "The purpose of the new capitalism is to shoot the wounded." ~ Andy Grove, Chairman, Intel Corporation

I worked at an egg factory one time. I peeled hard boiled eggs for 8 hours a day. Standing in a cold, damp room at a sink with cold water running over your hands, peeling eggs. All day long. I was 18 or 19 I think and the only other people working there were (what I considered at the time) "old" women in their 40's and 50's and all they talked about was their aches and pains and how miserable their lives were. Now that I'm also an "old" lady in my 40's, I understand how miserable I would be if I was stuck in a dead end job like that. Just one more thing in my life to be thankful for I guess.
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

The one I have now. J/K...

The worst job I ever had was as a verifier for an insurance company. The job was bad enough, but we had FOUR supervisors for a department of @ 12 people. A bit ridiculous. Two of them made everyone miserable.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by Susie

The worst job I ever had, I had for one day. I went to work for a construction company and there was a girl there that was crying and throwing a fit most of the day. She kept going in to my bosses office slamming the door, she even grabbed her keys and left once, only to return an hour later. Everyone was on pins and needles. I couldn't figure it out.

At the end of the day, my boss came to me and said that she was going to move me into the position of the girl (she was a receptionist, I was hired as a Payroll Coordinator) that was crying because she had been there for a long time and she was real upset that they had hired me because she felt she deserved my job, and that they were going to give her the chance. I told them she could have my job, that I didn't want to be the receptionist, and could I have my check? I left. I didn't want to work for a wishy-washy company like that.

That is just WRONG! I wonder if that's even legal?

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit
    I worked at an egg factory one time. I peeled hard boiled eggs for 8 hours a day. Standing in a cold, damp room at a sink with cold water running over your hands, peeling eggs. All day long. I was 18 or 19 I think and the only other people working there were (what I considered at the time) "old" women in their 40's and 50's and all they talked about was their aches and pains and how miserable their lives were. Now that I'm also an "old" lady in my 40's, I understand how miserable I would be if I was stuck in a dead end job like that. Just one more thing in my life to be thankful for I guess.
    OK, I think this one wins worst job! I bet your hands got really torn up & chapped. Ouch.

Quote Originally Posted by JDHeninger
    Like you need to explain to any Utahn where Maddox is!

Yeah, that's a pretty sucky job.
    I'm sure there are one or two that don't know...you know, the ones who just moved here.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

First job, hands down. I worked in a gas station on an interstate during high school. I was a clerk but we had to clean the bathrooms three times a shift Did it during the summers when I was in high school. It sucked.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

My first week waiting tables, I accidentally dumped ice water down a woman's back. I freaked out and my trainer sent me to the break room to calm down. By the time I came back the woman's family was sweetly asking if *I* was ok.
    Later in that job, I was slammed at lunch and forgot to refill a man's iced tea. He called for the manager to complain, and I got sent out to apologize. The man didn't even accept my apology, just told me it was the worst service he'd ever had. I mean, I was in tears (of humiliation) and he acted like he thought it was his job to teach me a lesson. I just hope it made his day to make a $2.13/hour waitress cry.
    The other waitresses, though, had worse stories --one had had a customer throw a biscuit at her back to get her attention.
    Props to wait staff, it's a hard job, I was not good at it.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

Lucy, there was just a Dr. Phil on the other night with a woman who was horribly rude to wait staff and they made her be a waitress for a shift! I've never understood people who are rude to waiters/waitresses. And not just because they might spit in your food. Why do people have to get so high & mighty about someone serving them food? You don't act that way about a doctor, but you're still paying them for a service.

I've done a lot of manual labor jobs; I've done laundry for money, been a seamstress, worked in fast food, had demeaning secretary jobs. I couldn't say which was the worst, but I tell you something: in each of those jobs there was someone who had made it their life's work by circumstance and they were miserable. Thank God I'm not still sewing hundreds of polyester aprons, but I'm positive some of the women I worked with still are.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

I have a tie for worst jobs,
    It's either the first job I ever had, which was as a dishwasher in a resterant. This was before the dishwasher machines so it was done by hand in these huge sinks and you got greasy and wet and it was just disgusting.

Or it was working at Thom McAn shoes...I worked for a sexist Nazi pig who was one of the meanst, snarliest, rudest men on the face of the earth. Shoe sales was just a lousy job to start with, having to kneel down and put shoes on people, but to do it with this jerk as my boss made it just hell on earth.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast