+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: when do you start

FORT Fogey
    John, here's my $300 thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by John
    I have the stereo on with Xmas music right now, and have since last weekend.

We're putting up the decorations and tree this weekend. I personally feel that anyone putting a single Christmas decoration up prior to Thanksgiving should be fined $100 per day for doing so.
    John - I would then owe $500. I don't know what got into me - but I am so glad I did it. I usually put up the decorations the weekend after Thanksgiving, but we were going to be traveling and so the weekend before Thanksgiving we put up the tree and the inside decor. We were going to put up the outside lights and wreaths the weekend after Thanksgiving, but that night, one of my sons got sick, then my husband. We had to come home. Now everyone of us has the flu and has not left the house since last Friday. Even my in-laws, where we went, have the flu.

I am so glad I don't have to worry about putting the decor up now because if I had to do it now - we would not have a tree this year. As for the Christmas music, I won't listen until I have to - on Christmas Day. It is bad enough I have to listen to my oldest son practice for the school play.

If it were up to me I'd be starting on Dec 24th and only enduring 2 days of it...but since the music at work is pumped in we started the day after Thanksgiving. They used to do a mix for the first couple of weeks of half normal music and half Christmas, but this year it went whole hog and we've been on 24/7 Smart Source Radio Christmas Edition. Who knew there were so many versions of Feliz Navidad out there!! I spend my day waiting for the dear 80's classics Do They Know it's Christmas and Last Christmas, sadly they are only about every 4 hours so it gets to be a long wait.

I started listening to it this week (well except for a few hours yesterday when we lost power due to a windstorm). The tree will be next week. I just don't thing that christmas should be celebrated before thanksgiving.... after all, if you celebrate xmas before thanksgiving then when do you celebrate thanksgiving?

and the next store that puts up their christmas displays before laborday.... will owe me more than $100 a day.
    "The purpose of the new capitalism is to shoot the wounded." ~ Andy Grove, Chairman, Intel Corporation

Spiderman 2 - June 30 audiomaster's Avatar
    December. Radio Stations play them.

Well my youngest started playing it in July...but I tried not to listen.

One radio station here went all Christmas shortly before Thanksgiving and I had to listen to it whenever the childern were in the car. As soon as Thanksgiving was over I allowed myself to listen to it when I was in the car by myself (in small doses so I don't get sick of it)
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

She'll be there when I'm gone... won't she?
    Gah, it bugs me to see stores putting up Christmas decorations before Halloween. And they wonder why so many people hate Christmas...
    R.I.P Willie Dog (?/?/1989-12/17/2004). Gone but never forgotten.

Welcome Zelda (and a hot of other names)! (Born 08/08/2005, adopted 10/08/2005)

Also welcome Shasta! (Born ?/?/2004, Adopted 03/??/07)

It's Thanksgiving in October up here in Canada, so we can have our decorations up earlier by John's standard

We put ours up in the middle of November.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Up Where They Belong SurvivorGirl's Avatar
    I start listening to it whenever it starts playing on the radio.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123