+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: This Week's Parenting High & Low

This Week's Parenting High & Low

What a week. (I count weeks from Survivor to Survivor.) What were your parenting highs & lows?

Parenting high: when I scratched myself and said ouch, my 3 1/2 year old daughter dropped what she was doing and ran over and kissed me, then told me I could have one of her (coveted & treasured) Dora bandaids. Awwww.

Parenting low: when I was at my wit's end trying to get my daughter to take a dissolvable tablet for her painful sore throat & cold, I resorted to dissolving it in 7up so she would drink it. I think that one's not in the parenting books.

What kind of week did you have? (doesn't have to be parenting, just in general)
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Quote Originally Posted by hepcat
    (I count weeks from Survivor to Survivor.)
    I'm not alone!
    "The bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of an expanding bureaucracy."
    -- Unknown

Highs: Baby cut first tooth and 4-year-old cleaned her room all by herself

Low: Incredibly stupid decision to purchase one of the f%#*(&#$(*! Xmas gingerbread house kits and attempt to assemble with above-mentioned 4-year-old.

:santawave
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Low- 2 year old has been winning the "bedtime battle" and staying up until she falls asleep on the couch.

High - Everyday when I come home from work and the 2 yr old jumps on me and the 8 month old flaps her arms so furiously that I'm sure one day she's going to take flight.
    Some people are like slinkies, they're useless until you push them down the stairs.

High - When my 14 year-old daughter ploped down on the couch, snuggled up to me, and just talked and talked and talked about her friends, school, teachers, marching band, boyfriend, who said what to whom, etc.

Low - When above 14 year-old daughter - who had lost all privileges through last night (Thursday) - tried to negotiate her way out of said loss and got mad at ME for sticking to what was clearly explained to her (and accepted by her) just a few days prior.
    I don't have OCD, I have CDO. It's like OCD except that the letters are in alphabetical order like they should be!

MIA, RIP, or Busy...
    High: My son having a "green day" at school! (which means he behaved)

Low: Would have to be a toss up between meeting my son's teacher for the 3rd time this year OR my 3 yr old spilling the Life cereal in the back seat of my car, forgetting about it and having my son sit down on it later in the day, only to see it once he got out of the car ground up in 1000 tiny crumbs all over the place.

Quote Originally Posted by averagejane
    Low: Incredibly stupid decision to purchase one of the f%#*(&#$(*! Xmas gingerbread house kits and attempt to assemble with above-mentioned 4-year-old.
    We had the exact same low! Only i was putting 2 together 1 with a 5 yr old, the Other with a 2 1/2 yr old. We ended up with enough unbroken pieces at the end to make a square roofless goopy mess.

High: While snuggling with my the kids on the couch, my daughter (the 2 1/2 yr old) turned to me and said "I love you so much daddy". It's small moments like this that i try memorize every detail, and file away.
    I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I intended to be. Douglas Adams
    Life... is like a grapefruit. It's orange and squishy, and has a few pips in it, and some folks have half a one for breakfast. Douglas Adams

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    High: I got to spend last Thursday with my baby Bailee. The light of my life. My daughter and her husband were there. Joy all around.

Low: My other daughter lives about 5,000 miles away and I didn't get to see her.

all in all, I am very blessed.

MIA, RIP, or Busy...
    And I assume that is your grandbaby in your AV JD? She is too cute! I love those cheeks.

High: my 3 year climbing up into my lap, giving me a big hug.. while patting my back, and saying 'Mommy, you are my best buddy.'
    Low: will take place at 5 pm tonight, when I send the same 3 yr old, pyjames, sleeping bag and Winnie the Pooh to Grandpa and Nana's house for a sleep over I know very well she doesn't want to go to. (Hubby's company Christmas party tonight, as well as hubby's bday- its only once a year)
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast