+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: This Week's Parenting High & Low

High: My 5 year old son has a big teddy bear that he wrestles with and generally beats the crap out of all the time. Last night, when I peeked into his room to see if he'd went to sleep yet, I found him covering up said teddy bear he had sneaked into bed with him. So much for his tough guy image. Very cute.

Low: Having to take the bear away because later on because I caught him fighting with it again in his bed - instead of sleeping. Tough Guy has been redeemed.

VeeJay - my 3 year old daughter does that too, she fights with her toys. I think it's weird but I guess it's normal. Or she will create all these conflicts between her two hands "talking" to each other - "Hey, that's my toy!" "No it's not, that's NOT funny!" "That's NOT nice!" We hear her over the baby monitor arguing with herself.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

DOMESTIC GODDESS realitycrazmom's Avatar
    HIGH: My daughter brought me "bretfask" in bed with her play food all set out on the lid to her play food box. She put her red socks on her hands and pretended they were hot pads! She served me some play chicken, hot dogs, and french fries and told me to "blow on it, it's hot!" My son gave me a hug and said that my hair was beautiful and smelled like peaches.

LOW: I had a friend come to visit this morning and both kids were being extremely rude and would sass me when I kindly asked them to go upstairs or in the other room. I've taught them to say, "Excuse me" but they haven't quite figured out that they need to wait to talk.
    If I'd been a ranch, they would have named me The Bar None~~ Gilda

High: Putting up the Christmas tree and my daughter attempting to decorate it with her socks, gloves and toys
    Low: Trying to keep the 'real' ornaments in the general vicinity of the tree and not in said daughter's room
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Quote Originally Posted by hepcat
    Or she will create all these conflicts between her two hands "talking" to each other - "Hey, that's my toy!" "No it's not, that's NOT funny!" "That's NOT nice!"
    That's hilarious. Is she an only child? My son is and he often has to substitute his toys for siblings.

Maybe that's it, Veejay. She's an only child but we live next door to her 2 year old cousin. In some ways that makes up for it but it's not the same as a sibling.

I think that says a lot about us as humans - we're born with a need to fight sometimes.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood
    Low: finding out my daughter has been sneaking into the cafeteria in the morning to eat school breakfast. She eats at the babysitters before going to school, she just wants school breakfast. When I explained to her that it wasn't free and she can't just go eat without paying she acted like she understood, but snuck in the next day too. I paid for it and made her apologize...hopefully she learned her lesson.
    Dagwood - since we had talked about his before I thought you would get a kick out of this. My son came home yesterday with a slip from the cafeteria saying that he owed $12.60. I was in shock because I had just sent a check last week for $25.00 and I knew that this could not be right. So, I emailed his teacher and asked her to see if she could find out what happened to the check.

This is her reply:
    The children just told me that he gave it to Brandon and he said his mother threw it away because it wasn’t theirs. If it comes up cashed, Brandon’s family will have to be responsible for it. The children said Brandon was showing it around on the bus. This is crazy!!! I hope this gets solved. I cannot give you Brandon’s number but I will write a note home today to get confirmation that it was thrown away.

She emailed again to tell me this:
    Chapter 2, the kids just said that lunch money had been scratched out and Wal-Mart had been written in. Sorry, I had to laugh….I don’t know whose idea that was but WHAT WERE THEY THINKING!

I don't know whether to or to . I am going to try to about it!!! I don't see how she thinks Brandon's family would be responsible, but anyway I guess maybe if it comes up cashed at Wal-mart, someone will be getting a nice gift from me. I better call and stop payment!!

High..I finally got someone to remove the broken down freezer from my daughter's living room.

low..my daughter found a going out of business sale, and brought home a broken down snack machine to put in the empty space!!!
    :

I am not afraid of dying....I just don't want to be there when it happens!

LOL waypast40 it could be worse... she could have brought home her 4th stray animal this year LOL
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Very Proud Grandpa! LoneStarSpur's Avatar
    Parenting high - went to my oldest daughter's college graduation ceremony...awesome!

Grandparenting high - we have a 13 1/2 month old grandson and he lives with us along with his parents. Anyway, I've been trying to teach him to say "grandpa" forever it seems. No luck. Last night I was standing up holding him and he suddenly threw his arms around my neck and hollered, "Paw Paw!" Freaking awesome.

No lows to speak of.

-Randy
    'And it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive.'
    ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast