+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: This Week's Parenting High & Low

MIA, RIP, or Busy...
    Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy
    High/Low LMAO is more like it.. 3 yr old decided that the goldfish would like to try her drinking box... the fish was Gasping for fresh water, thats the quickest fish tank change I have ever done!
    5 Alive and spoiled goldfish do not mix

My 3 yr old has a pet goldfish called appropriately enough Dorothy (like Elmo). Maybe I better watch the juice huh?!

Low this week: Stubborn 5 year old. She promised to clean her toys up and change the litter box. Well this morning she decided she didn't want to. Even when I loaded up the truck to head to the DI (thrift store) with her toys. She didn't believe that I would do it, so the are now at the thrift store. It sucked, but her tune changed quickly. Oh well, don't tell her but I needed to get rid of them anyway...she had way too many toys.

High: She signed her name to 18 christmas cards and only wrote the 'S' backwards once.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

FORT Fogey
    Hahaha its great to read everyone's stories about their kids. It makes me wonder how annoying/sweet I was 10 years ago... Ha- My mom tells me I cryed constantly for a few months and they got little- no sleep a night. Good times

Dagwood, I remember when my sister did that with my nephew and his Barneys. For some reason he had 5 or 6 stuffed Barneys. One day he decided not to pick them up for anything. You would think he was preschool, right, to be playing with Barneys but he was actually in first grade. My sister told him if he didn't pick them up they would go in the trash. He was so mad he picked them up and put them in the trash himself. She left them there (it was the office paper trash) for a few days and talked to him about taking care of his toys, apologizing, or anything so that she could let him take them back but he wouldn't budge. She wasn't going to make him pick up his toys if he didn't want to, so they could go out with the trash for all he cared. And so they did! (Although they ended up going in a bag in the closet and being handed down to the next Barney fanatic.) He is one stubborn kid - but an incredibly smart kid, too. I've never met anyone like him. He's a culinary prodigy - he won his first clam chowder contest when he was 8, and that was against adults.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Quote Originally Posted by hepcat
    Dagwood, I remember when my sister did that with my nephew and his Barneys. For some reason he had 5 or 6 stuffed Barneys. One day he decided not to pick them up for anything. You would think he was preschool, right, to be playing with Barneys but he was actually in first grade. My sister told him if he didn't pick them up they would go in the trash. He was so mad he picked them up and put them in the trash himself. She left them there (it was the office paper trash) for a few days and talked to him about taking care of his toys, apologizing, or anything so that she could let him take them back but he wouldn't budge. She wasn't going to make him pick up his toys if he didn't want to, so they could go out with the trash for all he cared. And so they did! (Although they ended up going in a bag in the closet and being handed down to the next Barney fanatic.) He is one stubborn kid - but an incredibly smart kid, too. I've never met anyone like him. He's a culinary prodigy - he won his first clam chowder contest when he was 8, and that was against adults.

It is such a stubborn age. My daughter didn't believe I would really do it until we left minus the toys...the sad part is that I found this really cool Barbie house for $2 at a yard sale and it went bye bye, too. I did keep her crayons and coloring books, though...got to keep the creative toys around. And it isn't like she has a Barbie Cruise Ship coming for Christmas. :rolleyes

Little Princesses castle for mine.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Not so much a high/low, just something pretty funny, My 2 1/2 year old daughter picked up a jar of pickles today and started drinking the juice. - Yuck!
    Some people are like slinkies, they're useless until you push them down the stairs.

Quote Originally Posted by FinallyHere
    Not so much a high/low, just something pretty funny, My 2 1/2 year old daughter picked up a jar of pickles today and started drinking the juice. - Yuck!
    Is she related to my mother? My mother loves to drink pickle juice

Premium Member
    High: My 2 year old son carrying a picture of me and him around everywhere, he even stashes it in the seat of his big wheel. He pulls it out and smiles at the picture and says Ma-ma.

EXTREME LOW- While I'm taking a shower he decides to fill up his bucket with toilet water and dump it on me over and over!

omg Shakenbake I am dying laughing!! That bucket needs to be retired LOL!!

My FIL drinks pickle juice too - swears it has medicinal properties.

High- Playdate/Gift exchange this morning, she remembered her manners and she even tried to comfort a little baby

minor Low- she had her flu shot yesterday and she's not feeling up to snuff.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast