Duxxy! Hang in there!
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Quote Originally Posted by hepcat
    Duxxy! Hang in there!
    I second that.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Thanks guys!
    I still have 3 out sick damned croup.... oh and I'm not feeling so hot myself bleah!
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Feel better Duxxy

High - Younger daughter started crawling

Low - Younger daughter started crawling. - Now that she's mobile she can get to all the little toys and stuff like cheerios that older daughter tends to leave around the house. Just one more thing for Mrs FH and me to worry about.
    Some people are like slinkies, they're useless until you push them down the stairs.

congrats FH! .. you now have a very mobile, breathing vacuum
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy
    congrats FH! .. you now have a very mobile, breathing vacuum

Yeah right and a highly mobile 2 1/2 year old to leave things for said vacuum to pick up
    Some people are like slinkies, they're useless until you push them down the stairs.

MIA, RIP, or Busy...
    Quote Originally Posted by FinallyHere
    Feel better Duxxy

High - Younger daughter started crawling

Low - Younger daughter started crawling. - Now that she's mobile she can get to all the little toys and stuff like cheerios that older daughter tends to leave around the house. Just one more thing for Mrs FH and me to worry about.

Wait til she discovers the xmas tree (assuming of course you have one!)

Quote Originally Posted by ineedalife
    Wait til she discovers the xmas tree (assuming of course you have one!)

She did already. Offspring #1 took the ornaments off as quickly as my wife put them on and Offspring #2 kept grabbing for the lights on the bottom of the tree. I wouldn't be that suprised if I see the tree sitting out in the snow when I get home from work today

She did already. Offspring #1 took the ornaments off as quickly as my wife put them on and Offspring #2 kept grabbing for the lights on the bottom of the tree. I wouldn't be that suprised if I see the tree sitting out in the snow when I get home from work today

Same antics over here at my place...4-year-old "rearranges" the ornaments (she is already rejecting my sense of style) and 9-month-old attempts to use fallen artificial pine needles as toothpicks, despite her lack of teeth - that is, when she's not using the boughs to pull herself up to stand.

To make the holidays even more special, my mother-in-law (in a passive-aggressive attempt to drive me completely insane) insists on giving my kids Christmas decorations that SING - a horrible little artificial tree that blinks its huge buggy eyes and has a mouth that snaps open and shut while belting out "Deck the Halls", and a fuzzy mouse in a hat and scarf that squeaks out a few bars of "Let it Snow".

Someone please pass the Kaluha...
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

This year I almost decided not to put a tree up because of this. Last year I had my husband put a hook in the ceiling and attach the tree to it to keep it from constantly falling to the ground...

This year my older son (5) went to fiddle with the Christmas tree lights and got an electric shock (That would be the low point of the week too) They are new lights too, I have no idea how he managed to do that, or what exactly he did, but at least he is still alive and he is now scared to touch anything electric.

High point of the week is probably when the above mentioned son brought home the Christmas present (framed handprints with a poem) he made for me at school and insisted on me opening it right there and then
    ps. This is just my opinion in the matter.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast