+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: This Week's Parenting High & Low

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by dagwood
    Thanks for the thoughts. I have never been there before and probably won't again...car probs took all my money. I will be putting food in the boxes more often, though.

I was going to make my daughter pay for her breakfasts, too, but ended up doing it myself. I think making her apologize got her. She is only 5 so it doesnt take much.

Hope you and your family get better...we just got over the flu here, too. It truly sucks.

I know I'm a horrible buttinski, sorry! Maybe there's more to it, do your son's friends eat breakfast at school? It might simply be a social thing.

It totally sucks you have to support your kids all alone. That's tough. I'm sorry. No kids deserve that.

I've only got a high this week. My 25 year old daughter told me not to worry about nursing homes or being alone when I get old because she'll always have place for me in her home. Now if I can just get her out of my home into her own.
    Actually it's a joy and a pleasure to have her here with me.

FORT Fogey
    High--my 8 year old wrote a letter to Santa, and wrote "Please give some of my presents to kids who don't have any money..." She then thought better of it, and edited it to say "Please give some presents to kids who don't have any money." She also has been watching "The Santa Claus" too much, she also asked for a Santa rule book (because she is curious just what rules the "big guy" has to follow), and advised Santa not to let the reindeer eat too much chocolate!

Low--same darling child, reminds me of Taz sometimes...busy, busy busy...always into something! That and the fact that her & her brother can get into blows over anything--the TV, whose turn it is on the computer, who sits in the front seat, dryer lint, whatever.

High-just sitting at home hanging out with the kids and they aren't fighting, we don't have to be anywhere and everything is calm.

Low-Friday morning getting ready for the school and the 9 year old, clearly not understanding what I told her the night before that no laundry could be done until the main drain was rotorooted this weekend, moaning and whining that her faverate pair of jeans weren't clean for school.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    High - spending the blizzard hanging with my 5 year old and reading books to her (my poor hubby had to work in this mess!)

Low - losing it when she wouldn't take her medicine (needed cough medicine and it's "soured, Mom") and I had a worse tantrum than her!

Quote Originally Posted by JDHeninger
    I know I'm a horrible buttinski, sorry! Maybe there's more to it, do your son's friends eat breakfast at school? It might simply be a social thing.

It totally sucks you have to support your kids all alone. That's tough. I'm sorry. No kids deserve that.
    Nah, you aren't a buttinski. (even though you got me and Susie mixed up...I have one child a daughter) I think she wants to eat breakfast at school because the other kids on the bus do. I used to think it was cool so it is ok for her to eat it, too.

It does suck to support her alone, but I have plenty of emotional support...a friend who raised 3 boys to age 12 (the oldest) by herself...my mother, my sister and lots of friends who offer a shoulder when I need to whine. That is what is important to me.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

A big hug to all the parents out there! And for those of you doing it alone, and a big shout out. I don't know how you do it!
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

High-My 3 year old saying "I love you Mommy" out of the blue

Low-Hubby and his brother getting in a fight

High-2 year old putting her arms around my neck and hugging me while saying, "Aww, Momma."

Low- The vomit inducing diaper I just had to change.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

High : I'm high on bleach fumes right now!

Low: having to sanitize my entire house because 4 of my 5 little wonders has croup (that's a twofer)
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast