+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: This Week's Parenting High & Low

No kids for me, yet so here are my high's and low's

High: Had great productive week at work, caught up on the phone with old friends and washed and waxed my truck (just in time for tonight's snowstorm!)

Low: Fell asleep about 20 minutes before Survivor and woke up at midnight to read the spoiler/ recaps....I was p$ssed to say the least, thank goodness for great recaps!

Low - My 16 year old daughter had something terrible happen to her.

High - Hearing that same daughter laugh again a few days later.

And as far as those gingerbread kits go, my advice? Wait till the kids are older and can do them by themselves! We had a few gorgeous ones over the years that my three kids did together, although one year they broke my expensive electric mixer.
    Darn Kangaroos!! I am le tired.

High-my three year old walking past me and stopping to kiss my leg

Low-my six year old dumping out my aromatherapy oils.
    FANTASIZE!!!!!! It's better than the real thing.

High - My eighteen month old sleeping through 2 nights in his own bed.

Low - the other five nights...
    "Look, you love me, and I love you. Maybe in a different time, a different place, this would work out. But we both know that only one of us is leaving this room alive, and I'm the one holding the flame thrower." - Film Fakers

Aw...I'm sorry, Rufus! I'm glad things turned out OK, though.

FORT Fogey
    High: scoring in a soccer game (well, we won 8-0, but still.. I scored!)

Low: when I totally screwed up my art project and had to re do it

High: We were at the food pantry today, and one of the workers tried to give my daughter a Quaker Oatmeal breakfast thing and she wouldn't take it. It proved my talking about strangers is sinking in.

Low: finding out my daughter has been sneaking into the cafeteria in the morning to eat school breakfast. She eats at the babysitters before going to school, she just wants school breakfast. When I explained to her that it wasn't free and she can't just go eat without paying she acted like she understood, but snuck in the next day too. I paid for it and made her apologize...hopefully she learned her lesson.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood
    High: We were at the food pantry today, and one of the workers tried to give my daughter a Quaker Oatmeal breakfast thing and she wouldn't take it. It proved my talking about strangers is sinking in.

Low: finding out my daughter has been sneaking into the cafeteria in the morning to eat school breakfast. She eats at the babysitters before going to school, she just wants school breakfast. When I explained to her that it wasn't free and she can't just go eat without paying she acted like she understood, but snuck in the next day too. I paid for it and made her apologize...hopefully she learned her lesson.
    Gosh Dagwood - too bad you don't live next door - you could have raided my pantry. We have all had the flu, so nobody here has been eating anything and I now I will have to throw out ruined and wasted food! So Sorry!

About the school breakfast - my son has done the same thing to me. He eats breakfast here every morning (either pop-tarts or waffles) and then would go to school and eat breakfast. They just don't understand what it means to have a budget that you have to stick to. Now he started getting an extra milk at lunch and I was back in the same boat. I made him pay for his lunches this week with money he had saved for a nintendo game. I felt guilty for making him do it, but his Dad doesn't send child support, and I just didn't have the extra cash. I justified it by hoping to teach him a lesson. I will probably slip the money back in his box when I get some extra. So I guess that was my low this week. I will have to catch ya later with a high since everyone has been sick and zombies, the only high I can think of would be on tv.

Quote Originally Posted by Susie
    Gosh Dagwood - too bad you don't live next door - you could have raided my pantry. We have all had the flu, so nobody here has been eating anything and I now I will have to throw out ruined and wasted food! So Sorry!

About the school breakfast - my son has done the same thing to me. He eats breakfast here every morning (either pop-tarts or waffles) and then would go to school and eat breakfast. They just don't understand what it means to have a budget that you have to stick to. Now he started getting an extra milk at lunch and I was back in the same boat. I made him pay for his lunches this week with money he had saved for a nintendo game. I felt guilty for making him do it, but his Dad doesn't send child support, and I just didn't have the extra cash. I justified it by hoping to teach him a lesson. I will probably slip the money back in his box when I get some extra. So I guess that was my low this week. I will have to catch ya later with a high since everyone has been sick and zombies, the only high I can think of would be on tv.
    Thanks for the thoughts. I have never been there before and probably won't again...car probs took all my money. I will be putting food in the boxes more often, though.

I was going to make my daughter pay for her breakfasts, too, but ended up doing it myself. I think making her apologize got her. She is only 5 so it doesnt take much.

Hope you and your family get better...we just got over the flu here, too. It truly sucks.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood
    Thanks for the thoughts. I have never been there before and probably won't again...car probs took all my money. I will be putting food in the boxes more often, though.

I was going to make my daughter pay for her breakfasts, too, but ended up doing it myself. I think making her apologize got her. She is only 5 so it doesnt take much.

Hope you and your family get better...we just got over the flu here, too. It truly sucks.
    Thanks dagwood, I think we are starting to get better now.
    My son is 10 and has ADHD, so I felt like he needed to start learning some responsibility. I still feel kinda guilty though.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast