+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: What's on your bed sheets?

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    Am I right, Tallulah? Aren't they about $700 for a set of 700TC sheets?
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

Im ready for my closeup.. Tallulahbaby's Avatar
    Yeah it was around that..I am embarrassed to admit! But hey, I like luxury things once in a while
    Im worth it!
    Coco Magdalena made her debut Sept 2, 2006 7lbs 1oz!!!

"Daddy warned me about Men and Booze, but didn't say anything about Women and Cocaine" - Tallulah Bankhead

I wish that *I* were on my bedsheets right now. My munchkin's sleep schedule was mucked with over the weekend and she is back to her old trips. Sleepy parents in this house.

But miles of laundry before I sleep, miles of laundry before I sleep.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott
    No fru-fru crapola here. Outdoors manly theme - moose, fish, canoe, rod & reel. Wish I could say a beautiful babe, but not so. ......
    Well, maybe if you got rid of the smelly fish and large horned moose you'll have a much better chance!

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer401
    I wish that *I* were on my bedsheets right now. My munchkin's sleep schedule was mucked with over the weekend and she is back to her old trips. Sleepy parents in this house.

But miles of laundry before I sleep, miles of laundry before I sleep.
    God, you can tell that I was sleepy when I typed that. I meant to say she was up to her old 'tricks' not 'trips'

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

What's the average thread count for a sheet? I honestly have no idea. If 700 Count is $700, I imagine my sheets are, like, 30 Count.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Quote Originally Posted by eldee
    Well, maybe if you got rid of the smelly fish and large horned moose you'll have a much better chance!
    Was that a Freudian slip, eldee? My original post didn't mention a large horned moose, just a moose.
    So, eldee, How you doin'?

It sounds as it Paulie sleeps on sandpaper. Well, at least he won't have any parts to bother shaving.

It's too bad that I buy better bedding for my brother than I do for myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulie
    What's the average thread count for a sheet? I honestly have no idea. If 700 Count is $700, I imagine my sheets are, like, 30 Count.
    Probably not that bad, honey. Even the kind they sell at Walmart are around 200 or 250tc. It's when you pass by 500 that they start getting expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulie
    From ask Yahoo:
    http://ask.yahoo.com/ask/20020528.html

What does the thread count of sheets refer to?

We searched on "thread count of sheets" and "linens buying guide" and had to rip past dozens of sites trying to sell sheets before we found your answer. Finally, we came to rest upon this definition: thread count is the number of horizontal and vertical threads in one square inch of fabric.
    Thread count in sheets can range from 80 to 700, although most stores sell sheets that range from 180 to 320. In general, the higher the thread count, the softer the fabric feels, but that doesn't necessarily mean the sheets will last longer (and sheets with a higher thread count are usually more expensive). One linens department manager says thread counts above 380 are "kind of a farce." Manufacturers twist two threads in a way that lets them double the sheet's thread count.

Recently, many linens manufacturers have touted thread count as the best way to choose a sheet. But others point out that the quality of the fibers and finish are more important to the sheet's comfort and durability. In fact, sheets made of linen, flannel, or jersey (those trendy "T-shirt" sheets) have low thread counts due to the type of fabric. A high thread count would eliminate part of the appeal of these sheets.

According to Consumer Reports, cotton and cotton-blend sheets with a thread count of 180 to 200 stand up to wear and tear and provide satisfactory comfort.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast