+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: High School Reunions

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    he was trying to prove what a "man" he was by showing up with a good looking lady. Turns out a bunch of people wanted to do what I did. Still nothing I was really proud of.

I don't know if we had a 5 yr. Our 10 yr was in 1999 and I wasn't invited...could be that I was married and divorced, living in another town and my family had moved from my childhood home. They had no clue where I was. I have heard that it was lame, though.

I don't think there will be a 15, but if there is a 20 I will definately go.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

She'll be there when I'm gone... won't she?
    Quote Originally Posted by joeguy
    he was trying to prove what a "man" he was by showing up with a good looking lady. Turns out a bunch of people wanted to do what I did. Still nothing I was really proud of.
    Well, if I go to my 10 next year (and I don't plan to), I'll probably be the only guy there without a date. And I'm not going through that again...

I would have jacked him too, joeguy.
    R.I.P Willie Dog (?/?/1989-12/17/2004). Gone but never forgotten.

Welcome Zelda (and a hot of other names)! (Born 08/08/2005, adopted 10/08/2005)

Also welcome Shasta! (Born ?/?/2004, Adopted 03/??/07)

Reunions

Any tips on planning high school reunions? I'm getting started planning our 10 year high school reunion and don't want it to be something people leave making fun of or that people leave early. I watched 'Romy & Michelle's High School Reunion' on cable this weekend and it made me laugh at some of the goofy things people have at reunions.

Give me some reunion stories- the good, the bad, the ugly! And what are cool things to have at a reunion or have people do?

Premium Member
    I hated my 5-year reunion because I don't think enough time had gone by. Most of us were not too far out of college and it was still all the same cliques. If I had been happier in high school it might have been more fun because nothing had really changed.

My favorite reunion was my 30th. We had a nice little cookout in our hometown and just hung out and talked until the wee hours of the morning. I got to see classmates that I had not seen in 30 years, especially the guy who took me to senior prom that I dated for a short time until we went our separate ways off to college. By this time, everyone was so happy to see everyone, and all the petty high school crap didn't matter any more. One thing that someone said that night was that now in future reunions it will be a matter of who we've lost since the last one. One of my classmates passed away just a few months after the reunion, and we are a class of only about 60 people so now it's going to be hard.
    Last edited by Marleybone; 06-27-2006 at 06:04 PM.

I have never gone to my reunions. The people I went to school with were really cliquey and I really don't need that. I moved back to the area two years ago and I have run into people at the store and stuff. They are so friendly there but you know we would be back in groups in a social setting. One guy that I met in the store told me that the people that live in the area don't go. The only ones that really show up moved away years ago.

I went to Hubby's 10 year. Boring for me. Didn't know anyone and most of the group were close so I really felt left out. Hubby had a great time though. Told him next time to go by himself. He goes and has a great time so he is happy and I don't have to sit there with a fake smile and not really connecting with anything.

Hubby's class has had bring a dish to pass cookouts, formal dinners, and this year they are going bowling. They tend to avoid the big get togethers that all the classes go to which I think is good since they are all so close.

I hate those shindigs. I swear my husbands bunch has one about every year. I went with him once and that was enough, till this year. I'm going because it is being held at a big animal refuge in the country. These people adopt animals and just keep them till they die of old age.

I plan to go to mine next year because it will be a big one. I'm sure it's the last I will attend.

Left school and never looked back. Can't stand the bunch. Wouldn't go to a reunion for a million.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Hey Gabriel, funny story. In high school, I had a huge crush on a football player. He found out about it and treated me like gum on his shoe from then on. Flash ahead ten years. We're at the reunion, my 6'5" husband and 5'3" me. For some reason, the football clod came over to say hello to me. He asked if I knew who he was and I said yes. He said was I SURE? I said yes again. Then some little demon in me spoke up and said "I thought you were taller". He came back with some nonsense about all women wearing high heels and I raised my foot to display my perfectly flat sandal. I wouldn't take anything for that encounter.

Quote Originally Posted by FinallyHere View Post

The probably could have renamed the school "Apathy High" , but no one would care.
    This busted me up two years ago and I cracked up reading it again today.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast