+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Ugly Bridesmaid contest

Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie
    I've been in numerous weddings and would NEVER think of complaining about the dress the bride picked out. It's her day. Just suck it up and wear the damn dress for the few hours you have to without upsetting the bride.
    Totally agree with you cutie, I've been married twice and luckily never had any problems with my matrons/maids (even though I only had 1 the second time). But you just don't do that to the bride, she's got enough to worry about. It's okay to make fun now though, after the fact

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by karna68
    Totally agree with you cutie, I've been married twice and luckily never had any problems with my matrons/maids (even though I only had 1 the second time). But you just don't do that to the bride, she's got enough to worry about. It's okay to make fun now though, after the fact

Oh absolutely karna, make fun after the fact. But don't stress her out during the wedding. One of my girls was actually complaining to me that morning about how she didn't like the dress, the shoes, the hair having to be pulled up etc. I wanted to slap her right in the mouth and say you know I don't need this, I'm getting married in an hour and I'm a nervous wreck without worrying about you. I have to say that it was only the one girl giving me problems, the others just went with the flow of things. Everyone liked the dress except this girl (although some of them wished I had picked a different color. It was victorian amythest. But they never complained to me. I heard it through the grape vine)

Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie
    Oh absolutely karna, make fun after the fact. But don't stress her out during the wedding. One of my girls was actually complaining to me that morning about how she didn't like the dress, the shoes, the hair having to be pulled up etc. I wanted to slap her right in the mouth and say you know I don't need this, I'm getting married in an hour and I'm a nervous wreck without worrying about you. I have to say that it was only the one girl giving me problems, the others just went with the flow of things. Everyone liked the dress except this girl (although some of them wished I had picked a different color. It was victorian amythest. But they never complained to me. I heard it through the grape vine)
    Sounds like you and I had similar experiences, combatcutie. Two of the girls were great but the other three were holy terrors. I wouldn't even think of being so rude about a dress when someone who is supposed to be my friend is getting married. One of my girls had told me the size she *wanted* to be by my wedding day instead of her real size. She didn't show up for the fitting and the day before the wedding, tells me her dress is two sizes too small. My mom, thankfully, went out and found material that matched it (well, close) and sewed panels up the sides to get it to fit. Then the girl had the gall to complain that she didn't like how the panels looked. I told her that she had got herself in the predicament and she didn't have to be in the wedding if she didn't want to.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stargazer401
    Sounds like you and I had similar experiences, combatcutie. Two of the girls were great but the other three were holy terrors. I wouldn't even think of being so rude about a dress when someone who is supposed to be my friend is getting married. One of my girls had told me the size she *wanted* to be by my wedding day instead of her real size. She didn't show up for the fitting and the day before the wedding, tells me her dress is two sizes too small. My mom, thankfully, went out and found material that matched it (well, close) and sewed panels up the sides to get it to fit. Then the girl had the gall to complain that she didn't like how the panels looked. I told her that she had got herself in the predicament and she didn't have to be in the wedding if she didn't want to.

Unfortunately I couldn't give her the ultimatum about not being in my wedding. She was my husbands sister, so I had to grin and bear it. Her husband had lost his job about 4 months before we got married and all they did was complain about how much money it was costing them (her, her husband, and two daughters were in it). I finally told my husband that he needed to do something about the situation because if I said something, we wouldn't have anyone from his side of the family there. He did tell them that if they wanted to pull out, they could. Unfortunately they didn't and made my life miserable. And to top things off, her and her daughters were an hour late getting to my parents house that day. When they finally got there, I just started shooting orders out at them. And by the looks on their faces, they had wished they dropped out.

UGH that is just plain disrespectful!
    I have only been in 2 weddings - my own and my best friend's (I set her and her hubby up on their first blind date)
    I got married about a year before she did so she got a good taste of what to expect lol.
    I took my girls to the dress shop - I told them the colour I wanted, then I let them run wild. They tried on every dress in the shop that came in my colour (silver) and they finally came to the conclusion that they all liked the same dress and it was fabulous!
    For my best friend's wedding we did the same thing.. except we all chose different dresses but they all had to be from the same company so they came from the same dye lot and were therefore all the same colour. There was no complaining because we all chose styles that we liked and that flattered us and we had no one to blame but ourselves. We looked mahhhvelous! lol
    I would never do it again.. not for anyone LOL!
    between the showers and wedding and presents and my dress my husband and I spent over $1000! and it wasn't our wedding LOL
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

We need list - "Top Ten Lies Brides Tell their Bridesmaids" (and I'll cop to telling some of these, lol).

Here's a few:

1. "No, you're not too fat/skinny/flat-chested to wear the dress I picked!"

2. "This dress will suit ALL ten of my bridesmaids."

3. "You don't have to buy gifts for ALL of my showers."

4. "No, I REALLY don't want a stag-ette party."

5. "I promise, the usher you have to dance with will be taller than you."

Anyone got any others?????
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

My bridesmaids [img]C:\EasyPhoto\Photo\Dec03_01.jp g[/img]

6. Yes! I'm sure you will wear your dress again!

7.No, you weren't that drunk, you didn't make that much of a fool of yourself, no one thinks you are a ho because you did the usher in the limo
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

She'll be there when I'm gone... won't she?
    Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy
    7.No, you weren't that drunk, you didn't make that much of a fool of yourself, no one thinks you are a ho because you did the usher in the limo
    I've been to the wrong weddings, methinks...
    R.I.P Willie Dog (?/?/1989-12/17/2004). Gone but never forgotten.

Welcome Zelda (and a hot of other names)! (Born 08/08/2005, adopted 10/08/2005)

Also welcome Shasta! (Born ?/?/2004, Adopted 03/??/07)

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy
    My bridesmaids [img]C:\EasyPhoto\Photo\Dec03_01.jp g[/img]

6. Yes! I'm sure you will wear your dress again!

8. It must really be hot in here cuz you sure are sweating!

What about the lies bridesmaids tell the bride?

1. No, all that hairspray the hairdresser used on your updo doesn't make your hair look shellacked at all.
    2. Yeah, he's a great guy. You're a lucky girl.
    3. Don't worry, everybody's having a great time at the reception! I just love dancing with your new hubby's drunk cousin. Good times.
    4. I don't want to catch the bouquet, don't throw it at me.
    5. I'm sure your new husband is not off doing shots with his buddies. He's probably just having a heart-to-heart with your dad.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast