+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Ugly Bridesmaid contest

FinallyHere that site is great!
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

FG - at the time did you think those were ugly? I remember all the weddings in the 80s having dresses just like that and we thought we were HOT! In retrospect my bridesmaids were hideous, but at the time we squealed with delight! It was all Princess Diana's fault with those poofy, ruffly dresses her attendants wore!

Hmmm, confused...thought pics had to be 125 pixels or less, so this is too tiny to see the lovely ivory tuxedo shirts with rainbow-colored satin cumberbunds and bowties!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by MollyRose; 12-02-2003 at 11:31 AM.

well, at that size they look nice
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

My sister-in-law's bridesmaids--this wedding took place only two years ago, so there's no excuse. Jewel tones...shiny satin...hugging every unpleasant bulge. They were scarier in real life. Thank goodness I was a matron and not a maid. Faces have been obscured to protect the innocent.
    "Look, you love me, and I love you. Maybe in a different time, a different place, this would work out. But we both know that only one of us is leaving this room alive, and I'm the one holding the flame thrower." - Film Fakers

Purple satin bolero jackets. Four words that should never appear in the same sentence, don't you think? My friend's wedding, circa 1993. I'll try to dig up a pic. Oh yeah, and underneath the jackets we had to wear strapless purple satin dresses with a peplum at the back. During the reception the boning tore through the bodice of the dresses - I vaguely remember all of us waving the plastic strips in the air while we were dancing. Thank God for Russian vodka shots...
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

This is what I looked like when I was a bridesmaid. Not too bad, I think

FORT Fogey
    The best bridal wear I ever saw at a wedding was, the bride wore a white leather motorcycle jacket, white lace camisole top, white leather micro mini-skirt and white knee-high, spike heeled go-go boots. The brides maids all wore the same, only in black.

Oddly enough, the groom, best man and ushers all wore kilts and full tarter. It was a strange wedding to say the least.

We should add prom dresses in here. I've seen some of those that are pretty bad too.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by averagejane
    Purple satin bolero jackets. Four words that should never appear in the same sentence, don't you think? My friend's wedding, circa 1993. I'll try to dig up a pic. Oh yeah, and underneath the jackets we had to wear strapless purple satin dresses with a peplum at the back. During the reception the boning tore through the bodice of the dresses - I vaguely remember all of us waving the plastic strips in the air while we were dancing. Thank God for Russian vodka shots...

Now THAT Is hilarious! which is why I started this thread!!!

Molly, I do remember wearing several "princess Di" dresses in the eighties and thinking oh WOW, but this paticular ensemble did provoke the NO WAY! reaction. The lace doile at the neck was the worst!! Of course in the eighties the puffy sleeves, peplums and taffeta were the thing!!

Just to be fair here is a picture of what my girls wore ( in the 80's) I had a Christmas wedding, church was decked out to look like a park in the winter, complete w/park benches, snow, street lamps, leafless trees w/lights, carolers, cobble stone pathways.. geeze someone should have shot me! Anyway, the girls wore black velvet tops, straight Christmas plaid skirts and carried muffs!

This is my sister and my Dad.

Quote Originally Posted by Daddio
    The best bridal wear I ever saw at a wedding was, the bride wore a white leather motorcycle jacket, white lace camisole top, white leather micro mini-skirt and white knee-high, spike heeled go-go boots. The brides maids all wore the same, only in black.

Oddly enough, the groom, best man and ushers all wore kilts and full tarter. It was a strange wedding to say the least.
    I think I might have ENJOYED being a bridesmaid at that wedding! You can't go wrong with black leather, that's my motto.

The worst bridesmaid's dress I've ever had to wear was for my friend Sherry's wedding a few years ago; she put us all in white dresses her MIL had made. They were floor-length and had long-sleeves and came up to the neck. It was an August wedding. And they turned off the AC in the church because it was blowing out the candles. So we're all there in these ghastly, gauzy white shrouds -- with enormous strips of black chiffon tied around our waists and tied into a huge BOW at our back, like an obi -- and we're sweating bullets. It was heinous. But I don't have pictures.

ETA: Firegirl, if you'd tried to put me in that plaid skirt I'd have had to smother you with the muff.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast