+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Holiday Gift Ideas

Gosh! There are great and funny ideas here!

This was just on Rachel Ray's show on Friday. It would be a cute gift for children!

For a nominal fee ($15+), you can have Santa send an e-mail to your child, or even phone them at a pre-determined time! You provide the information so Santa knows everything. It is not generic. And there are fun and games on the site as well.

The site is http://www.santaspeaking.com!
    Last edited by misskitty; 12-10-2006 at 12:50 AM.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

wow that is so adorable. I wish I knew children of that age... I only know babies, and pre-teens it seems
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

I shop for some at Usingers. I sent sausage gifts etc., as a mid winter snack to different people. Now I just sent my uncle 6 pounds of weiners and he sent me a sarcastic email back so I am now sending him a 3 foot salami.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;2175328;
    I shop for some at Usingers. I sent sausage gifts etc., as a mid winter snack to different people. Now I just sent my uncle 6 pounds of weiners and he sent me a sarcastic email back so I am now sending him a 3 foot salami.
    gabriel: I'm sure your uncle would absolutely love some good old family made home-smoked traditional Ukrainian Garlic Sausage!! I'm not talking the store-bought stuff at all here. This is 3 generation prime garlic sausage! We've taken it as gifts during all times of the year across Canada, the U.S.A. and even sent some to Europe. Gotta wrap it in double brown paper, plus ziplock bags so the airport security and airport dogs don't confiscate it!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;2175339;
    gabriel: I'm sure your uncle would absolutely love some good old family made home-smoked traditional Ukrainian Garlic Sausage!! I'm not talking the store-bought stuff at all here. This is 3 generation prime garlic sausage! We've taken it as gifts during all times of the year across Canada, the U.S.A. and even sent some to Europe. Gotta wrap it in double brown paper, plus ziplock bags so the airport security and airport dogs don't confiscate it!

I bet because if they did, they'd have a feast!
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

I'm not creative enough to come up with ideas on my own, but some gifts I've received: A package of movie coupons, microwave popcorn, can of soda and a candy bar or a bottle of wine, bath oil, and a candle.

I found this adorable Dora doll for my friend's 3 years old daughter. You can connect it to the computer and program it so it's personalized for the little girl. You can enter her name, best friends, favorite colors, etc. and Dora will say them when you press on her stomach. Can't wait to program it for her so it's all ready when she gets it for Christmas.

DesertRose That sounds cute. What three-year old would not love that?

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar
    I'm looking for a specific gift--I want to get the two staff people who work for me (both big bakers) pretty, seasonal baking dishes. I have in mind a Christmas-y stoneware pie plate for some reason. I know I'm not dreaming up the existence of these things, yet I've looked (on line) at Dillard's, Williams Sonoma and World Market tonight and have come up empty. I'm going to keep looking, but if anyone has seen these at a store, I'd sure love a lead on where to buy one (well, two actually, but you get my point ).

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl;2176357;
    I'm looking for a specific gift--I want to get the two staff people who work for me (both big bakers) pretty, seasonal baking dishes. I have in mind a Christmas-y stoneware pie plate for some reason. I know I'm not dreaming up the existence of these things, yet I've looked (on line) at Dillard's, Williams Sonoma and World Market tonight and have come up empty. I'm going to keep looking, but if anyone has seen these at a store, I'd sure love a lead on where to buy one (well, two actually, but you get my point ).
    Do you have a Linens 'n Things near you? Sometimes I can find really neat bakeware there. How about QVC or HSN? Sam's?
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

+ Reply to Thread