+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Holiday Gift Ideas

FORT Fogey
    Well if you did the wine or something like that you could wrap up some really great wine glasses, cheese board, wine charms, coffee table book about wine, a wine tasting class schedule, cool wine cork opener, something like that. And for the show or spa get some things that go w/that. Go to the spa and get some of their great products and a monogrammed cashmere (or not $$) robe and wrap that up w/the cert.

Thanks for the ideas Firegirl. My mother doesn't drink, but I do like the theme idea...

Hmmm... lots to think about guys, thanks.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Filangi
    I'm really screwed with gift ideas this year. If things keep going the way they are going, my mother and my boyfriend aren't going to get much.

My mother - well, she has no real hobbies. She's a very busy person and is always on the go. She's currently retired, but she works about 4 days a week supply teaching. She is the woman that has everything.

My boyfriend already has cologne and I'm planning on getting him some clothes - even though I'd like to get him something fun and thoughtful. (No video games though, sweet Lord, no video games!)

If anyone has any ideas it would be much appreciated.
    Miss F, this might sound weird, but I firmly believe every man needs a good pocketknife. That's what I got my BF last year. Just a thought

For your mother, does she need any sort of like day-planner or anything, if she's so busy? My mother doesn't need much stuff either, so last year for her birthday my sister and I wrote letters to a number of her friends and family members, asking them to write a short letter saying what they like most about Mom. The letters were sent back to me and my sis, and we put them in a book for her. She teared up reading them, although I'm not sure how often she looks at it now.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy
    Miss F, this might sound weird, but I firmly believe every man needs a good pocketknife. That's what I got my BF last year. Just a thought
    You have a lucky boyfriend
    Some people are like slinkies, they're useless until you push them down the stairs.

Those are great ideas Lucy, I really like the book of letters idea.

Unfortunately, my boyfriend already has a pocketknife that his grandfather gave to him a few years ago.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

Quote Originally Posted by FinallyHere
    You have a lucky boyfriend
    That's what I keep telling him.

Good luck, Miss F.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy
    If you ever want to get him another one, Lucy, there's a great place my husband and I shop at every year. It's close to Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge, (we are actually going there this weekend). Hubbie and I actually both have pocketknife collections (both started before we met each other) and have also bought display cases, etc. there. They have quality knives (Case, Frost, Gerber) and reasonable prices. Here is their website

http://www.eknifeworks.com/webapp/eC...Mode=Cat&Cat=5

Miss F, my husband and I stopped buying each other presents back when we were dating. Instead, we would sit down at the computer and plan a weekend away together. The money we would have spent on gifts, we spend on the trip.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer401
    If you ever want to get him another one, Lucy, there's a great place my husband and I shop at every year. It's close to Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge, (we are actually going there this weekend). Hubbie and I actually both have pocketknife collections (both started before we met each other) and have also bought display cases, etc. there. They have quality knives (Case, Frost, Gerber) and reasonable prices. Here is their website

http://www.eknifeworks.com/webapp/eC...Mode=Cat&Cat=5
    It's not every couple that can share an interest in pocketknife collections. Thanks for the site, I'll keep it in mind, especially next time I'm in Gatlinburg. The one I got him was rather small (those suckers are expensive) so eventually he'll need a new one.

FORT Fogey
    AG Russell headquarters is just up the road from me if anyone needs anything.

I love handmade gifts. They mean so much, knowing someone took the effort to make something, and these are the things we end up treasuring for years.

If you're strapped for cash and have a lot of people on your list, you might want to make cute ornaments for only pennies per person, Oriental Trading Company sells handy kits that are really adorable. Like these:

You can can check them all out here: http://www.orientaltrading.com/otcwe...egoryId=342717

Good luck! I just love this time of year!!!
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

+ Reply to Thread