+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: People Dropping By

People Dropping By

So this has happened twice in the past few months.

People have stopped by because they happened to be in the neighborhood. Both times it is someone we know who lives in the city (read an hour and a half away).
    Anyway, they happen to be out this way and figure since they know our address they will just stop by to say hi.

Both times the people had never been to our house before.
    The first time we were remoddeling our kitchen. It was 95 degrees out, but the AC was off so we could have the windows open while we painted etc. The entire house is a disaster because we've been working only in the kitchen.

Then today people stop by. They have never been here, but since I've been sick for two days the house is not very presentable.

I hate that. I feel compelled to tell them that the house usually looks SO much better etc.

Why couldn't they call from the gas station to at least give me a few minutes to straighten up?

ACK

Don't get me wrong. I really like these people. I just hate that my house looked like crap the first time they ever get to see it!
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

That does suck, Cali. But then, I'm good at dropping by friends' houses unexpected, so I can't say much. Really, I think about calling, but then I just never do.

Anyone who knows me well enough to think they might just pop by knows better than to actually do so unannounced. Even my parents have to give me 15 minutes notice. I do not like for people to come to my door without prior notice. I have been known to yell for people to"go away!" If they knock and knock and knock(always people that I do not know). I know it sounds like I am some rude hermit, but my home is my comfort zone....anyone who does not like that better not visit; esp. unannounced!
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

My mother dropped by unexpectedly once. The worst part was she just opened the door and walked in. Well, Mr. RandysMom and I had only been married about 6 months and let's just say we were getting amorous in the living room .

Now she still comes over to see the kids unannounced but she knocks now
    RandysMom
    Don't Dream It....BE IT

oops.... I wonder if you were more embarrased or if your mom was!
    It wouldn't bug me as much if the house wasn't a mess.
    I guess I should be happy that I took a shower this morning!

I'm just like Feifer, I hate people coming by unannounced.
    Although having said that my in-laws did once turn up at Pearson airport and called asking me to come and collect them as they ere over for a holiday.
    That was an in-joke and pretty funny.
    At least they didn't just turn up on the door step.
    "That's Numberwang!"

I don't mind people dropping by unannounced, but only certain people. It's okay if my sister does it and my best friend. I'd rather if people call though.... if only to say, "I'm 5 minutes away, is it a good time?"
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

Exactly Miss F... a little warning and an "is it a good time?"
    I mean really both times with me these people were an hour and half away from home. They really don't ever get out here......

JR.
    I don't mind so much as long as the people bring beer or food.

Princess
    JR - that's the kind of friends I like too!
    I like when ppl drop by.... but only when I'm in the mood for ppl dropping by, except for a few ones that are always welcome (i.e. ppl who don't care about my home or me being a mess... )

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast