+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: People Dropping By

Yeah, I live alone and my place is usually a dump. I'm the one going OUT all the time so I don't often have time to clean.

Not gross dump. Hit by a tornado dump.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

I love when people drop by unannounced now!! When I was living with my husband it wasn't as pleasant cause the house was always pretty embarrassing looking (it was in a constant state of "post party" from a bunch of guys hanging out there after work every night partying it up), but now I don't mind a bit cause about the worst thing here is dishes from the last meal hanging about waiting for the dishwasher. I get wierd about people seeing my house a complete wreck...I don't mind if it's everyday mess that everyone has, but ewwwww what I was living in before was just embarrassing to me.

Sort of a related story that seems to fit in here.....a few years back I had a completely unexpected hospital stay so my mother and grandmother came over to stay (they live 1 1/2 hours away or so) while I was in there, well they ended up sleeping on my couch at home while I was in. Goodness knows what they think about me now cause since I had gone in thru emergency not expecting to be admitted I didn't think a BIT about what my house looked like. Ok anyways, I get out of the hospital and come home and there sat some "adult toys" out on the bathroom counter...just RIGHT THERE on top of everything!! Here's my mom and granny staying there and I had absolutely no clue that I'd left them out after some crazy night.....AACCKK!!!! This was like 5-6 years ago and they have YET to say anything about it and I sure as heck ain't bringing it up!!

I love your story Libra! I would say that sounds like something that would happen to me, but trust me, my mother would be all over the subject of adult toys the second she saw them. She'd be calling me up at the hospital to razz me, god I love that woman!
    Iím haunted a little this evening by feelings that have no vocabulary and events that should be explained in dimensions of lint rather than words.
    -Richard Brautigan

eny
    FORT Fogey
    Ok for inlaws coming just watch Raymond- same deal. The door will open and they will be there - any time .I don't really give a crap. But they have brought people with them - now that I hate!

I think if no one has been to your house before, they should give you warning. If they are real friends and NOT acquaintances no problem. But folks you don't know that well no way. I would never do that to someone..

I'm like Paulie- three kids live here - and yes I know they are teenagers but the toys just get bigger - ( Not Libra toys ) like skatebords , snowboards,scooters, rollerblades.

I dont feel the need to clean up obsessively if its someone I know whos coming over. Like, I answer the dor in my PJs on Saturday afternoons with my breath all rancid because I havent even brushed my teeth yet. I had one asshole "friend" who came over, took a look in my bedroom and asked if he minded if he cleaned it. Hell yeah I mind you rude little shithead, it's my room, my mess, my business.

Ugh Ducky ~ that's extremely rude of your friend!

Obviously, people come to my "suite" all the time, some of them I don't even know (yeah, I 've got 7 even other girls in the area). No one cleans in college. My mother would be so ashamed.

This passed summer, a retired cop in the next town over went off his rocker, started ringing doorbells and shooting whoever happened to answer the door in the face. He killed about 9 people including a new mother with her infant in her arms. Being that I am home almost every day alone with my baby grandson, I am now very leery about answering the door if I am not expecting anyone. My mother-in-law continually drops by unexpectedly and bangs on the door until someone answers it. I have told her time and time again to call first before she drops by or I will not answer the door. Before this, when I was leaving my front door unlocked, she would just walk in unannounced. So my feelings on people dropping by are this: if you don't call first, prepare to stand outside in whatever weather until your hand falls off from knocking. I'm not answering.

ClaraBella- oh my! That is awful! I don't blame you, after what happened, I'd do the same thing. That's so sad.

Kyle, it sucks lemons when people can't respect your request to call before they come over. People like that, I believe, are very domineering and want things either their way or the highway. Unfortunately for my mother-in-law, she seems to go out of her way to bust my chops to have things her way. I drew the line because my grandson's life just isn't worth the risk. It's a sorry world we live in and if someone can't respect a simple request to call before they come, they are just plain SOL.

eny
    FORT Fogey
    ClaraBella
    Good for You! My in Laws have a key .No stopping them- hey I didn't give it to them.
    Thats horribly frightening to have had that happen in your area.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast